Oliver Elite III (reimagined) .... "Middle-age Spread"

Flat world

I am sure this has been discussed, but here is my "reimagined" OEIII.... "Middle-age spread" 🤣  Max 25' (+1.5' over OEII) and maybe + 6 inches wider.  

Keeping the same basic layout:  Moving the closet to center.  Converting original closet to shower space (dry bath).  Moving fridge to center.  Moving Pantry to prior fridge space.

Picture for attention!  Goals included!  

655BF933-ABEE-4349-9800-0F367911077A.thumb.jpeg.24cc95d6bd6ee4cad66aedecbec07673.jpeg 

• Like 3

• Moderator+

I doubt Oliver would ever contemplate an Elite III that is only 18 inches longer than an Elite II. Their goal is to build something in the 28-30 foot range and increase the width to 8 feet. They most likely would do away with the trolley top outer shell. I could care less about a dry bath, I'd rather have the storage space.  A large front window and sitting/dining area would be nice. We would not need space for more than two people to eat.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

You've obviously put much thought into this, @Flat world. thanks for the ideas. How does the shower open to create a dry bath? 

I  think I'd want the floor to ceiling areas closer to the front, so the light can bounce around, and longer diagonal sight lines.

Our Elite is really small, by many people's standards, but the open interior and light bounced from mirrored doors and the windows keeps me happy. I'm a bit claustrophobic,  but the present Ollie interior never makes me jittery, like some other even larger rvs.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

17 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

How does the shower open to create a dry bath?

Just "playing" in the evening ...😀

For the shower door, I would use one of those nifty euro style translucent roll-around doors that glide on tracks top and bottom.  I think nu-Camp Avia used one in their shower. 

2 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

doubt Oliver would ever contemplate an Elite III that is only 18 inches longer than an Elite II. Their goal is to build something in the 28-30 foot range and increase the width to 8 feet. They most likely would do away with the trolley top outer shell. I could care less about a dry bath

I hear you about the +1.5 feet!  But I think 28'-30' is a whole different market.  25ft is the sweet spot in my extremely limited real world (but deep dive YouTube 🤣) experience.

Wet bath seems to scare some people, so a dry bath seems natural move in a larger Ollie.  Although I love all the creative ways people have screened-off the toilet in the Ollie.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, ChrisMI said:

With a young family of four I’d need sleeping arrangements for everyone if I’m hauling around a larger trailer and a smaller wallet. 

I would, too.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I think the 25' Bigfoot has the best floorplan if going larger.

I would make the front dinette an "L" shape across the front to make 2 twins if needed.

Twins in the bedroom, or drop in a Queen, or put a King longways across the back with nightstand.

1982635057_BFFloorplanRTB.jpg.81eeaed48df4e3ff8665182f13bb0893.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Brad-Beth said:

I think the 25' Bigfoot has the best floorplan if going larger.

Agree the Bigfoot floorpan is very nice (shame about their interior design choices).

I tried to just do a design that slightly "reimagined" or stretched the OEII.  I am guessing the double-hull fiberglass Ollie has some design limitations with curves etc.  But sure, a blank sheet of paper is fun. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Flat world said:

I am sure this has been discussed, but here is my "reimagined" OEIII.... "Middle-age spread" 🤣  Max 25' (+1.5' over OEII) and maybe + 6 inches wider.  

Keeping the same basic layout:  Moving the closet to center.  Converting original closet to shower space (dry bath).  Moving fridge to center.  Moving Pantry to prior fridge space.

Picture for attention!  Goals included!  

655BF933-ABEE-4349-9800-0F367911077A.thumb.jpeg.24cc95d6bd6ee4cad66aedecbec07673.jpeg 

This seems to be an updated Elite II to me.  An Elite III would need to be longer and wider (and a lot heavier).  The option of a walk around queen bed, separate dinette for four and a dry bath would be an Elite III.  It’s fun to imagine!  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

There's always going to be the engineering issue of the wheel wells, and front/back  weight balance. The Oliver, with its double hull, can't really be set flat and high above, imo, like a lot of sunblock stickies. That creates a bit of a conundrum with a walk around queen, I guess,, unless it's located forward, like airstream does it, in that size range. (Which I  dislike, but I  understand  the "why."

I'll be interested in seeing what Oliver comes up with,, if/when a larger trailer is designed.

In the meantime,  these many threads should give them input on what potential buyers feel is important. 

I'll probably still stick with my 2008. It's likely to be roadworthy for decades to come, long past my desire to travel and camp.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

On 7/13/2021 at 1:27 PM, SeaDawg said:

How does the shower open to create a dry bath? 

I  think I'd want the floor to ceiling areas closer to the front, so the light can bounce around, and longer diagonal sight lines.

Our Elite is really small, by many people's standards, but the open interior and light bounced from mirrored doors and the windows keeps me happy. I'm a bit claustrophobic,  but the present Ollie interior never makes me jittery, like some other even larger rvs.

I agree with keeping the floor to ceiling areas at the front.  Our previous RV, a Leisure Travel Van Twin Bed, had a similar layout in the same amount of space, but the closets and bathroom were in the middle, thus cutting the visual space in 1/2.  The openness was the first thing I noticed when I stepped into an Elite II for the first time, even though the LTV was a bit wider.

For the shower, I'd be happy with just a shower curtain . . . . . no shower door to clean and maintain; curtains can be taken easily laundered and even replaced for a "new look".

• Thanks 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

I really like the current model. Just wished there was a 110 outlet under the dinet upper storage near the bathroom door mirror to plug my hairdryer in as my dryer cord isn't long enough fo the dryer to reach both sides of my head.

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

16 minutes ago, Donna and Scott said:

I really like the current model. Just wished there was a 110 outlet under the dinet upper storage near the bathroom door mirror to plug my hairdryer in as my dryer cord isn't long enough fo the dryer to reach both sides of my head.

It would be a whole lot easier to extend your cord than wire in an extra 110 volt outlet…..  this will handle your hair dryer without overheating. Order the shortest length that will allow it to reach.

Tripp Lite Heavy-Duty Power Extension Cord 15A, 14AWG

Cords like this are surprisingly hard to find.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.