2-3 of you favorite Camping Locations "In your Home State"

SNY SD UP

the the forum,

I was hoping to hear from some of you as to your favorite camping location in your home state.  this could be for a boondock or full hook-up location.

Right now that would be for the following states; KY, WV, OH, PA, NY, VT, ME, NH, MA, NJ, DE, MD, DC & VI.

we will be on the road, but connected and would appreciate hearing back from you.

if your home state was not referenced, do not feel left out.  there is always next adventure and more travel in us.

edit/correction  😬 "VI" Virgin Islands...  I wish...  s/b "VA" for those who reside in Virginia.

Regards,

Bryan (Scrambled) & Maggie (SNYSDUP)

• Like 1

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators

My husband's home state, NY, has many favorites for us. Assuming you are going the  90 or the 20, then  up toward New England...

Alleghany State Park, South of Buffalo,  near Salamanca, is beautiful.  

I have no recommendations for camping by the Niagara Falls, because we always driveway camp in the Buffalo area, with my SIL on her beautiful acreage, but my friend spent several days at the KOA up there, and found it a great place for exploring the Falls area.

Heading east, don't miss Letchworth  state park, the "Grand Canyon of the east." It's truly beautiful,  nice campsites, and lots to explore. It's  just a bit off 20A, heading towards Rochester.

Most times that we've camped in the Adirondack, It's been cold and rainy fall weather, but pretty . 

On the shore of Lake Champlain,  Ausable point is a favorite.  We'd sit and watch the boats and the ferry on the lake. Very peaceful,  in the fall.

If you are traveling with a pet in NY state, make sure you have your pet's rabies vax paperwork with you. One of the few times I wasn't carrying Liv's papers, because we weren't going into Canada, I had to call my vet, and have her certificate faxed. If we'd been after hours, it would have been a bummer.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

10 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

My husband's home state, NY, has many favorites for us. Assuming you are going the  90 or the 20, then  up toward New England...

I have no recommendations for camping by the Niagara Falls, because we always driveway camp in the Buffalo area, with my SIL on her beautiful acreage, but my friend spent several days at the KOA up there, and found it a great place for exploring the Falls area.

Heading east, don't miss Letchworth  state park, the "Grand Canyon of the east." It's truly beautiful,  nice campsites, and lots to explore. It's  just a bit off 20A, heading towards Rochester.

Most times that we've camped in the Adirondack, It's been cold and rainy fall weather, but pretty . 

On the shore of Lake Champlain,  Ausable point is a favorite.  We'd sit and watch the boats and the ferry on the lake. Very peaceful,  in the fall.

If you are traveling with a pet in NY state, make sure you have your pet's rabies vax paperwork with you. One of the few times I wasn't carrying Liv's papers, because we weren't going into Canada, I had to call my vet, and have her certificate faxed. If we'd been after hours, it would have been a bummer.

Who wanted to see the paperwork - didn't realize there were pet cops out there.  Never heard of this before - guess I'm aware now.

RB

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

Who wanted to see the paperwork - didn't realize there were pet cops out there.  Never heard of this before - guess I'm aware now.

RB

We had to show her rabies vax paperwork at the registration booth. New York parks are the only places this has ever happened to us, other than the Canadian border.

Screenshot_20210717-103631_Chrome.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

16 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

We will be accompanied by "Willis" a CAT.  he has his papers, as do we, and all of us are up on our shots!!!😂

• Haha 1

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

In Maine, in no particular order:

Arcadia National Park (very busy in the summer) on the Atlantic Ocean

Mount Katahdin (end of the Appalacian Trail) in the Rangley Lakes Region

Wells Beach (has a couple of CG's) and Old Ochard Beach (has multiple CG's) both close to the Atlantic Ocean beaches.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• 2 months later...

Heading South on Atlantic Coast,

Does anyone have any CG recommendations for the following states

Massachusetts
        Rhode Island
        Connecticut
        New Jersey
        Delaware
        Maryland
        Washington DC  (a peripheral CG, where we could get some sort of Mass Transit connection into the DC area to see all the sites)
        Ohio

Kindest Regards, This Camping Season,

Bryan (Scrambled)