Introducing Dave and Kimberly... excited soon to be owners of an Ollie LEII.

After enjoying our first few years of retirement traveling extensively in a teardrop, we compiled quite a list of "musts" and "wants"...not to mention a few "heck no's"!  One thing was for sure, we were tired of crawling in and out, walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night, and making our coffee outside before we were really ready to see and be seen 🙂   We were used to excellent customer service and a high quality product.  The struggle was how to upsize our home away from home without scaling down the quality.  Then we met a couple in a similar situation who asked us if we'd ever heard of an Oliver.  David said, "Sure!  They made tractors right?"  

The next four weeks of our National Park adventures were spent scouring the internet for every video and forum available.  We also hoped to see an Oliver along the way.  As fate would have it, we pulled into a campsite next to the first Oliver we'd seen.  It was love at first sight!  We decided to visit the factory on our way home (who doesn't like Tennessee anyway, right?)  The tour sealed the deal.  David spent his entire career in new model development for the auto industry and liked what he saw.  At the end of the tour we placed our order and are happy to say we are "in the queue"!  

This Oliver will be in our family for a really long time, and we're happy to be joining a new family of like minded travelers.  Happy trails!

IMG_3495 2.jpg

• Like 3

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

• Moderators

Hi, and welcome to the group, from hull #12. We're enjoying our 14th season  in our 2008. Hope you have as much fun with your Ollie as we've had with ours.

• Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Welcome Dave and Kimberly!

While camping at  Mt. Pisgah NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway we saw an Oliver Legacy Elite for the first time.  The nice owners gave us a complete tour and we loved their beautiful Ollie. Oliver had temporarily stopped production at that time, so we waited until Ollies were back in production, finding a nice LE2 during 2016.

Best Regards,

Bill and Debbie

2015 LE2 #75

• Like 2

LE2

• Moderators

Dave and Kimberly, welcome and congrats on the upcoming Oliver.  I hope you’ll find it a good match for your travel and camping needs.  We’re in our 6th year in our EII and are having a great time.  We’re on our way to Maine and just spent a couple of days in Ohio.  Hope to see you on the road!  Mike 

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Welcome Dave & Kimberly!

Congratulations! We are new Oliver owners as of February after downsizing from a 42' 5th wheel with 5 slides... quite a bit of difference but we are loving our Ollie and how easy it is to pull and we can fit most anywhere now! 

Cindy

• Like 2

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

Seadawg

On 7/17/2021 at 4:57 PM, SeaDawg said:

Hi, and welcome to the group, from hull #12. We're enjoying our 14th season  in our 2008. Hope you have as much fun with your Ollie as we've had with ours.

Thank you!  First off... I have to say "WOW!" ... that number is the lowest I've seen!  Our hull number will be just over 1,000 we think.     Secondly it brought up a memory... I started at Honda of America, Mfg in Ohio back in 1983.... my Associate number was 01624... and everyone told me I was going to die on second shift, which horrified me.    All these years later.... the associate numbers I'm hearing now are in the 40 ~50,000 range.

• Like 1

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

• Moderators

Well, I'll say "wow"  to 1000 plus ollies on the road. That's really exciting.

We're the oldest hull # on the mod team, original owners, but bugeyedriver/Pete, #14, I think, is just behind us. Scubarx was in the office doing his order when we picked ours up, for his original Elite. He is now the owner of #50, first Ollie 2  off the line when the factory reopened. So he's an original part of the team, with the next gen elite 2. Half our mod team is comprised of "old-timers," and half new.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Well, I'll say "wow"  to 1000 plus ollies on the road. That's really exciting.

We're the oldest hull # on the mod team, original owners, but bugeyedriver/Pete, #14, I think, is just behind us. Scubarx was in the office doing his order when we picked ours up, for his original Elite. He is now the owner of #50, first Ollie 2  off the line when the factory reopened. So he's an original part of the team, with the next gen elite 2. Half our mod team is comprised of "old-timers," and half new.

Yes, wow to 1000 Olivers soon to be out there.  As a “new” moderator with Hull #135 I’m feeling quite young.  We placed our order only 6 years ago!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mike and Carol said:

As a “new” moderator with Hull #135 I’m feeling quite young.  We placed our order only 6 years ago!  Mike

Glad I  could give you directions to the Fountain of Youth. 😄

• Haha 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4