Any word on a 'West' Rally?

sakthorp

We're here in Oregon and remember at one point (pre-Covid) when there was some talk about a 'West' Rally.  We're toying with attending the East Rally in Alabama in 2022 but wondering if there might be something in the works closer to home.  

Steph and Steve Kimball

2019 Oliver Elite II ~ Twin

Hull No. 463

10 minutes ago, sakthorp said:

We're here in Oregon and remember at one point (pre-Covid) when there was some talk about a 'West' Rally.  We're toying with attending the East Rally in Alabama in 2022 but wondering if there might be something in the works closer to home.  

We would also like to see a West Rally.  Finding a site will be a challenge during these crazy days of RV-mania.  Hoping to see some semblance of the old RV life where campsites don't have to be reserved months in advance.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderator+

I think this is a great idea. Please let us good ole Southern boys know what you come up with. I'll attend for sure.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I too would be very interested in a West Rally.  We don't pick up "L'il Tow" (Oliver LE1) until October 21st. If there is interest in a West Rally next year, I think we should start planning now.  There are several places in Oregon (where I live) that can accommodate such an event:

Beverly Beach

Bullards Beach

Fort Stevens https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=park.profile&parkId=129

LaPine

South Beach

Sunset Bay

Valley of the Rogue

To get an event discount, we must have at least 20 sites reserved.

Other suggestions welcome.

Beach or mountains?

What time of the year?

How many days?

Activities?

Thoughts anyone?

Carl

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Carl Hansen said:

too would be very interested in a West Rally.  We don't pick up "L'il Tow" (Oliver LE1) until October 21st. If there is interest in a West Rally next year, I think we should start planning now.  There are several places in Oregon (where I live) that can accommodate such an event:

Beverly Beach

Bullards Beach

LaPine

South Beach

Sunset Bay

Valley of the Rogue

Beach or mountains?

What time of the year?

How many days?

Activities?

Thoughts anyone?

Carl

So happy to see this idea active again. Fort Tutill State Park right outside of Flagstaff Arizona is where the Overland Expo West is held. Plenty of room and things to do.  3 days?  Spring? Fall? We pick up our Oliver in Feb. We are definitely in for a West Rally!

On 7/19/2021 at 10:22 AM, Carl Hansen said:

I too would be very interested in a West Rally.  We don't pick up "L'il Tow" (Oliver LE1) until October 21st. If there is interest in a West Rally next year, I think we should start planning now.  There are several places in Oregon (where I live) that can accommodate such an event:

Beverly Beach

Bullards Beach

LaPine

South Beach

Sunset Bay

Valley of the Rogue

Beach or mountains?

What time of the year?

How many days?

Activities?

Thoughts anyone?

Carl

One of our favorite spots is Fort Stevens.  We live a half hour from Valley of the Rogue.  LaPine State Park is in a nice area but pretty warm in the summer.  When there was discussion previously, the thought was that Oregon was TOO West and certainly too North.  Folks were talking about Arizona and I think Utah?  Someone at Oliver was working on finding a place but I guess they've giving up on the idea.  

Steph and Steve Kimball

2019 Oliver Elite II ~ Twin

Hull No. 463

• Moderator+
On 7/19/2021 at 1:30 PM, Kevin and Theresa said:

So happy to see this idea active again. Fort Tutill State Park right outside of Flagstaff Arizona is where the Overland Expo West is held. Plenty of room and things to do.  3 days?  Spring? Fall? We pick up our Oliver in Feb. We are definitely in for a West Rally!

Spring would not work for a Western Rally as it would conflict with the Oliver sponsored rally that is always in May at Guntersville. There's no sense in making folks have to choose between the two if the dates are too close to one another.

We would come to a Western Rally even though it would probably be a 4000 mile trip for us.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

Spring would not work for a Western Rally as it would conflict with the Oliver sponsored rally that is always in May at Guntersville. There's no sense in making folks have to choose between the two if the dates are too close to one another.

We would come to a Western Rally even though it would probably be a 4000 mile trip for us.

Fall in the west can be very nice.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

And, a nice wrapup to summer camping season  

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

14 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Of course!  I already made our reservations for the rally in Guntersville. Don't know what I was thinking....pretty sure it's age related lol

• Haha 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Kevin and Theresa said:

Don't know what I was thinking....pretty sure it's age related lol

A number of us here share that sentiment....

• Haha 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.