Vizio tv connection to radio speakers

• Moderators

I can transmit Bluetooth from my phone or tablet to the Furrion radio without any trouble.  But I use this to transmit Bluetooth from my SiriusXM satellite radio to the Furrion radio or Bose headphones.  I also use one at home from my LG tv to Bose headphones.  
So this is a solution if you can’t connect the tv to the radio with wires or cables.

Mossey

292D8F7D-D2F5-4245-BB26-97C8937FC7C6.thumb.jpeg.83f40dc7a32a38ffc06a45f06aac4af3.jpeg

Edited by mossemi
Forgot attachment
  • Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

I only have the regular antenna on tv. When we run ac I can't hear the tv and thought if it was connected to the speakers at least I could hear it at the dinet seats

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Donna and Scott said:

I only have the regular antenna on tv. When we run ac I can't hear the tv and thought if it was connected to the speakers at least I could hear it at the dinet seats

Is the tv mounted under the attic or sitting on the nightstand?  If it is mounted, you may be able to connect it to Oliver radio by cables.  If not, the picture I forgot to add has now been added, so see my previous post.  This device would work in either scenario.  You could also use it with any of the portable Bluetooth speakers and set the speaker near wherever you chose to sit.  Or use a headset or a pair of headsets for 2 people.

Since other forum members reading your post do not necessarily understand your equipment or scenario, the more information you provide will result in more accurate responses.  In this case, we don’t know anything about your tv other than it is a Visio.  That bit of information rules out any responses concerning the Furrion tv, which is where I would have started without it.  So please remember that with the written word, there is no such thing as too much information.  I think that is why books are so long when compared to the movie.

Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

14 hours ago, Donna and Scott said:

Has anyone connected the vizio tv to the stereo speakers. 

What year model is your Oliver. We have a 2021. We connect through the Furion. On the front push the second button labeled "aux" multiple times until the readout says "optical" then the sound will play through your speaker system.

Cindy

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

we did get the TV and Furrion speakers working.  However the sound from the speakers constantly goes on and off when connected to TV.  TV can't seem to pick up any TV local stations the last2 days but we haven't moved out of the RV park since Sunday and then we had 22 stations.  We have zero now.  The radio works great and the sound is awesome.  Wish we could get the TV antenna to pick up some stations.  Using my phone hotspot is expensive and the signal for phone in near Galcier National Park isn't great either. We have a 2021 Elite II 

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

• 9 months later...

Good question.  I am having same difficulty.

I will guess that the TV audio should be set to "OFF", but I can't figure out what Furion should be set to.

Have you made any progress on this issue?

Thanks,

TV 2020 Audi Q7, no weight distribution hitch.  Ollie E2, Hull #1081, born April 2022.

If there is an HDMI cable between the Visio TV and Furrion stereo, and it is plugged into the port on the TV that supports ARC, you should be able to get TV sound by selecting the ARC input on the stereo.

Depending on how Visio has implemented the ARC function, with an ARC input active, it should override the TV speakers automatically and the volume control will instead adjust the audio level on the HDMI. Try this with the TV speaker left on.

You may have to initially adjust the TV volume  to get the stereo speaker output levels comparable to what they are with a normal listening setting for a different input like FM.
I.e. With a setting of 6 on the stereo, the sound level should be the same whether the input selected is FM or ARC.

We ended up getting the sound from the Vizio to go through the Furrion system by adjusting output settings of the TV and setting the Furrion to OPTICAL.  

Over the air stations can be difficult to find, and you need to rescan for available stations every time you relocate.  There will be places that you will get no signal at all if you are in remote spots or in the mountains.  Same goes for cell phone signals.

Here is the work around that we used...

In the rear attic compartment you will find a HDMI cable.  Get yourself an adapter to go from that cable to your phone.  You can then play any video that you have saved to your phone on your TV.  We have Amazon Prime and we can download as many movies and TV show episodes as the memory on our phones permit.  You can do this wherever you have a good cell signal.  Once you have it on your phone, you can play it on your Vizio even if your phone has no signal.  We have iPhones.  I can't verify that this will work with Android.  

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

• 3 months later...

Hi and thanks for posting.  If you have an HDMI cable in the compartment your unit is different then mine.  My hull number is 246 so maybe they have upgraded the technology? I have RCA cables from the Furrion TV in the top compartment.  I can’t seem to find a way to stream because not sure you can go from RCA analog to HDMI digital.   If I had the HDMI cable, I would try a streaming device like my Apple TV still using the iPhone as a hotspot.  Thoughts?