Table Fan?

Steve-Gwenne

• Moderators

We've had a Fantastic endless breeze for many years. Runs on 12v, with the cigarette lighter type plug. Great little fan.

Also have a new less than $20 minimal fan, clip or table, runs on a USB connector to 12v adapter.  .2 ah, but very little air. But, oh so quiet. Got it at Lowe's. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, sgcausey said:

Anyone have a suggestion for a table fan? We are going out the 1st of August & I'm kinda thinkin we may want one, esp for the Clam.

Thx

This is a Caframo Sirocco ll fan that I mounted on a piece of scrap oak and added a 12v cigarette lighter plug and enough wire to use in different locations in the Ollie.

Mossey

Mossey97A88DA0-F0D0-48E9-B7B7-E4F7F05DDF03.thumb.jpeg.01656593d4bdc511ca57827ce72a514a.jpeg

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LongStride said:

@mossemi, I ran across those the other day.  They look pretty nice.  Awful expensive for such a small fan though.  Do you feel that the quality of the fan justifies its cost?

Short answer - yes.  I think the Sirocco ll is the most expensive fan Caframo makes and there are less expensive model’s available. And be sure to shop around because the Amazon price is extremely high compared to the price I paid of about $100.

Mossey

• Thanks 1

I think I’d go for a small job site fan rather than something that plugs in. They’re durable and obviously easily moved around. This Makita is 12 volt and comes with an AC adapter that I’m sure could easily be converted to a cigarette plug if you wanted. But I understand that they last for a good long time on a battery charge.

1D94E63F-FC57-44E4-AF5F-859B914CDCB6.thumb.jpeg.6164b923983feefcfd657250ca416d04.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Moderators

That Makita fan looks like a really nice option, especially if you have other makita tools that use the same 12v battery, (vacuum, led worklight, etc.) 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

The Mikita fan would certainly fill the Clam requirement.  But it would be hard to decorate around the Mikita blue.

Mossey

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mossemi said:

The Mikita fan would certainly fill the Clam requirement.  But it would be hard to decorate around the Mikita blue.

Mossey

I hear ya on that blue -- what an atrocious shade of blue. I'd have to rethink the whole interior design concept for inside the Clam. 🤣

• Haha 2

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png

• Moderators

😅

It's an odd shade, indeed, but matches most of the Makita power tools in our garage. 😁(They're 18v, though, so the fan requires different batteries and charger.) We are a little partial to makita blue, because of the longevity of the tools. We like them so much that we've given them as Christmas presents to friends, and our daughter .

Seriously,  the Endless Breeze fan is nice, but pretty big (15 x 15 or so).  And corded, though 12v.  It does a good job of blowing the gnats away .

Caframo fans have a huge following in the marine world. Probably can't go wrong with their fans. Not quite so, with their heaters.  I think more efficient,  from a power consumption standpoint,  than the fantastic breeze, now labeled dometic.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

14 hours ago, marsharini said:

I’ve used an O2 Cool fan for quite a few years.  Works on batteries or electric.  https://o2cool.com/product/10-battery-and-electric-powered-fin-fan/
You can get them just about anywhere.

Thanks re this fan. At O2 it is out of stock; at Amazon I can get for a higher cost && $10. shipping. Instead I have gone with this fan as it folds for storage.

I have appreciated the input from everyone. 

image.thumb.png.ca0f71851b9a25cf0981f1a21ff5b0ad.png

• Like 1

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

😅

It's an odd shade, indeed, but matches most of the Makita power tools in our garage. 😁(They're 18v, though, so the fan requires different batteries and charger.) We are a little partial to makita blue, because of the longevity of the tools. We like them so much that we've given them as Christmas presents to friends, and our daughter.

Then you’ll be happy to know that Makita makes or has made at least 4 different 18v fans.

Mossey

4813B9FC-1B8D-4AF8-94F4-E00E1E169000.thumb.jpeg.5c914964c715fae15ac9d318020b4b2d.jpeg

• Moderators

Agreed.

But those won't plug into the 12v socket on the outside of my trailer. 

The Fantastic breeze, will, though. And the littler 12v makita, if you cut the cord, and add the plug. 

Just wanted to make people aware. We have a sizeable stock of 18v makita batteries, but not 12v.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4