Oliver ellite in Columbus Montana today

Harley

Hello everyone. I saw my first Ellite 2 in Columbus Montana today. It was beautiful. I don't want to come off as some kind of a stalker but my wife and I  have been wanting to look at an Oliver for awhile. I did not get a hull number as we passed on main street but if you get this please message back. If you are still in the area and willing to show it we would absolutely be indebted to you. Thanks bunches! Harley.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Not a stalker..

Leave a,sticky note on the door. Most of us will show our trailers, even though travel conditions are not showroom.

We've stayed hours beyond planned departure at a campsite, showing ours. 🙃

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Harley

Contact Oliver Sales and they will contact a owner in your area so you can set up a showing.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

3 hours ago, RunninOnMT said:

Harley,

We live in Bozeman and have a 2017 Elite II.  Feel free to PM (private message) me.  We'd be happy to have you take a look at it!

Jim

Off topic (sorry), but how are the smoke conditions in W Montana right now?  We are planning a trip up through E Washington, then south through Montana and Idaho later this summer.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

2 hours ago, Ray and Susan Huff said:

Off topic (sorry), but how are the smoke conditions in W Montana right now?  We are planning a trip up through E Washington, then south through Montana and Idaho later this summer.

The air quality is really variable, it is great here at this time (31) but was 175 yesterday for a few hours. The Windy app will show the next four days of smoke if you select the Air Quality layer. I use the PM2.5 setting since that is smoke particles. Here is right now:

F7CE796F-C600-49F7-9E60-6AC1DA6D0B69.thumb.png.759e4b6b9c980d3cd4996bce67bcad12.png

And here is four days from now:

40B7F476-1566-45E1-A26F-ECEF88EBE3C1.thumb.png.51e75aa0786ff7557644e11b25a62158.png

I can’t recommend camping in Idaho or Montana unless you have no respiratory sensitivities and also have a HEPA filter to run inside the Ollie. There is about half a million acres burning in WA state alone. It is not a good time to be headed downwind from that. BTW the GAIA nav app has a current wildfire layer in the Pro version, it is quite useful but I have found that it is not very current, you should always refer to a wildfire website map. I find this whole issue to be very distressing. I have smoke allergies and it really makes me miserable.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

The air quality is really variable, it is great here at this time (31) but was 175 yesterday for a few hours. The Windy app will show the next four days of smoke if you select the Air Quality layer. I use the PM2.5 setting since that is smoke particles. Here is right now:

F7CE796F-C600-49F7-9E60-6AC1DA6D0B69.thumb.png.759e4b6b9c980d3cd4996bce67bcad12.png

And here is four days from now:

40B7F476-1566-45E1-A26F-ECEF88EBE3C1.thumb.png.51e75aa0786ff7557644e11b25a62158.png

I can’t recommend camping in Idaho or Montana unless you have no respiratory sensitivities and also have a HEPA filter to run inside the Ollie. There is about half a million acres burning in WA state alone. It is not a good time to be headed downwind from that. BTW the GAIA nav app has a current wildfire layer in the Pro version, it is quite useful but I have found that it is not very current, you should always refer to a wildfire website map. I find this whole issue to be very distressing. I have smoke allergies and it really makes me miserable.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Thanks . . . . I hope the wildfire situation doesn't get worse, but it is so early in the season, I expect it will be a long time before fires subside.  It saddens me to see the devastation to our beautiful resources.  

We use the GAIA wildfire layer as well as inciweb.  I will check out Windy.com

Fortunately, neither of us has smoke sensitivities, although any excessive smoke isn't good for the lungs.  We hope to do a bit of traveling in Sept/October;  we'll just have to monitor and pick the best time and place.  With so many variables - mosquitos (which I am allergic to), overflowing campgrounds, fires, and weather, just to name a few, enjoying RV life has become more and more of a challenge.  I want the "old days" back.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

That would be awsome Jim. I sent you a pm. Hopefully I did it correctly. Thanks so much for everyone's help and info. I love how Ollie owners come to the aid of others. Hopefully I can be of help in the future as well! Harley.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 7:18 PM, Harley said:

Hello everyone. I saw my first Ellite 2 in Columbus Montana today. It was beautiful. I don't want to come off as some kind of a stalker but my wife and I  have been wanting to look at an Oliver for awhile. I did not get a hull number as we passed on main street but if you get this please message back. If you are still in the area and willing to show it we would absolutely be indebted to you. Thanks bunches! Harley.

We drove through Columbus last Sunday on our way home to Livingston

we have an Elite 1. Hull #822

would be fine to show it off to you