Hull #841

Cameron

It's hard to believe that I'm finally sitting in my own Oliver as I write this. Picked up yesterday with a fantastic walkthrough with Hanna. I had a long checklist of things to go over and questions to ask. Hanna anticipated everything and really impressed me with her knowledge and attention to detail. I told myself that I wasn't going to be one of those people who has to run over to Tractor Supply to get the right hitch, but I was! LOL. After about 300 miles on highways, winding country lanes, rainstorms and potholes, I can say that everything is great. No problems. What can I say? Great company. Great product. 

In coming days I'll add some posts on some specific components and Hanna's answers to some of my questions that you'll all find interesting.

PXL_20210719_214951087.jpg

PXL_20210719_215144054.jpg

PXL_20210720_125853812.jpg

• Like 13

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

1 hour ago, mywinnemucca said:

I told myself that I wasn't going to be one of those people who has to run over to Tractor Supply to get the right hitch, but I was! LOL. 

In coming days I'll add some posts on some specific components and Hanna's answers to some of my questions that you'll all find interesting.

PXL_20210719_215144054.jpg

Don't feel bad about the hitch . . . . . we were one of "those" too.  Good think Tractor Supply is close.

What is your pickup? . . . . . F150 or 250?

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

It's a 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 ATF with the 3.0 diesel. With the Ollie I'm averaging 16-17 mpg. Getting onto the highway with the Ollie 0-60 takes 14 secs.  Mike in service installed the GM trailer camera which syncs to the truck dash screen for the "invisible trailer" option. Jason in service took my trailer wheels over the Hohenwald Tire last week and Justin installed the four GM TTPMS sensors. After getting the trailer I went over to his shop and he helped connect tghem to the truck software.  The Ollie pulls so smoothly, incredible. No stress or fatigue for me as the driver.

• Like 3

I believe you were at site 59 at David Crockett.  We really enjoyed that spot with no one on our curbside.  Congrats on your trailer.  Looks great!  

• Like 1

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

Nice looking rig!  Welcome to the Oliver Family.  You are going to love the trailer view camera; so glad that worked out for you.

• Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite II  Twin Beds   "R-Villa" ~ Hull #803 

2021 GMC Denali HD, 6.6 L Duramax Turbo-Diesel, 10-speed Allison

ALARILINIAKYMNMSMOMTOHSDTNWIWYsm.jpg

Hello conner77, 

Were you the other Oliver in the park that night? I was going to come over in the morning and say hello but you were up and out of there early. Beautiful park, no?

• 1 month later...

So, here's an update.

Tried the furnace today and realized no air coming from the vent below the sink. A quick investigation found that the duct was not connected to the furnace. The knock-out hole on the rear side of the furnace was knocked out, and that's where the hot air was coming out. No one in the factory connected it.

Since I picked it up in mid-July, here are the other problems I've had.

No caulking around kitchen sink, allowing water to seep underneath and drip to drawers below. Put duct tape around sink for quick fix. Need to put silicone around it.

Screen door misaligned, with big gaps allowing bugs to get in. Jason suggested tweaking it to try to close the gaps. Haven't tried yet.

Lettering on light switch panel rubbed off. Mike sent out new panel.

Lettering on Dometic stove knobs rubbing off. Waiting for new knobs.

Xantrex inverter shutting off and not rebooting due to improper programming from the factory. This resulted in a new Technical Service Bulletin (Aug. 3), and after Jason helped me change the settings, the problem hasn't returned.

In another post I shared an article about the horrible (really horrible) quality of SOB RVs and the nightmares those owners are having. In that post I promised not to complain about anything related to my Oliver, and I'm trying. I guess my point here is to remind new buyers to do a super thorough check of the trailer before leaving OTT. I spent two and a half hours at OTT before leaving and thought I did a thorough check but I missed some things. For example I turned on the AC because I wanted to make sure it really could run off the lithium system, but I didn't turn on the furnace. 

I will say that I'm very happy with the trailer and all the components. The composting toilet is easy peasy. The lithium pro package works great. The Norcold fridge is big and cold. The suspension takes rough roads like a champ. The KTT bed is super comfy. The windows seal tight. 

Yesterday and today I gave it it's first wash and wax, by hand. What a job. My arms are sore! But, with a little elbow grease I got all the bugs off and with the marine wax got the hull shining. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 7:01 PM, Cameron said:

Hello conner77, 

Were you the other Oliver in the park that night? I was going to come over in the morning and say hello but you were up and out of there early. Beautiful park, no?

Sorry for the very late reply.  I am just seeing this.  We were at DCSP from 6/24 - 6/29 and yes, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there.  Really enjoyed that campsite and would want the same one if we stop there again.  

Sorry about some of the issues you're having.  I'm sure they'll be addressed quickly.  Good suggestion to all buyers to check EVERYTHING carefully before they venture too far away from the Oliver facility.  

• Like 1

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR