Hull 838 has launched.

kathief

Melanie and I made it back to Vancouver WA in one piece. Ran into a error code which turned out to be a poorly wire pedestal that my surge protector didn't pick up on. Then we set off the fire alarm. Finally, the propane worked, then didn't work for some reason. I suspect there was some air in the line.  The technology is the trailer was a little intimidating as I was afraid I would break and/or ruin sometime like a pump or solar system. The manuals were really helpful. We had some trouble with the Anderson Hitch as the initial install was not done correctly. We still haven't learned  how to disconnect the Anderson hitch without loosing it underneath the rig which is a hassle. It was a long trip from Tennessee back home, but I am happy to say we were able to back into every campsite with out much trouble. We are really happy with "Joni" and miss not being on the go. Retirement is just around the corner, so we are looking forward more happy travels.

Melanie and Kathie

Joni the travel trailer.jpg

• Like 7

• Moderators

Hi, Kathie. Glad you and Melanie had a safe trip home. 

With retirement around the corner, and the Canadian border opening, the world is your oyster. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPT_-4rBDbo

Hello and welcome to the family. My wife and I are hull 836 and we also live in the Vancouver Washington area.

We also have had some problems with propane systems faulting. I finally decided to put a fresh bottle on that I purchased here in Vancouver and after bleeding the lines and getting the new gas through the system we have not had any more problems. Fingers crossed. I never would have guessed that it was bad gas but so far it does seem to have been.

I attached a link at the top of this of a video that Jason the service manager put out on the Anderson hitch. He does a great job of showing the best method to get the hitch on and off without ever touching the Anderson tensioning adjustments. 
I have used it without fail now on 12 hitch and unhitch cycles. Works great.

mike

• Like 1

TV 2018 F150 3.5 liter eco-boost with max tow package, hull #836 “LC”

I watched the video removing the triangle plate on an angle.  Couldn't you simply just remove it while tow vehicle and trailer are straight upon checking in to the campground? 

While one person is checking in at the office, the other raises the jack on the Ollie, removes the plate and secures it with a bungee cord or something...then drive on to your Site and park.

If the Site is on an angle, you are all set, the plate is already off. 

If tow vehicle and Anderson lines up at the Site, then when re-hooking the triangle plate won't be an issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad-Beth said:

I watched the video removing the triangle plate on an angle.  Couldn't you simply just remove it while tow vehicle and trailer are straight upon checking in to the campground? 

While one person is checking in at the office, the other raises the jack on the Ollie, removes the plate and secures it with a bungee cord or something...then drive on to your Site and park.

If the Site is on an angle, you are all set, the plate is already off. 

If tow vehicle and Anderson lines up at the Site, then when re-hooking the triangle plate won't be an issue.

In the six years I have been using the Andersen WDH I have never had any issue of connecting or disconnecting at any angle.

• Like 1

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 7:28 PM, LCTraveler said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPT_-4rBDbo

Hello and welcome to the family. My wife and I are hull 836 and we also live in the Vancouver Washington area.

We also have had some problems with propane systems faulting. I finally decided to put a fresh bottle on that I purchased here in Vancouver and after bleeding the lines and getting the new gas through the system we have not had any more problems. Fingers crossed. I never would have guessed that it was bad gas but so far it does seem to have been.

I attached a link at the top of this of a video that Jason the service manager put out on the Anderson hitch. He does a great job of showing the best method to get the hitch on and off without ever touching the Anderson tensioning adjustments. 
I have used it without fail now on 12 hitch and unhitch cycles. Works great.

mike

Hi Mike and Carol

Did you get the Lithium batteries on your trailer? If so, I would like to have a tutorial on their use. I am confused by the percentages I am seeing and don't really know what to look for or be concerned about regarding the level of discharge the batteries have. Should the charge level not fall below a certain percentage and if so, what is the parentage and what do I do if it falls below that. I want to be a good steward of the batteries, but feel like I don't have enough information about what to look for or how to read the inverter screen.

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, kathief said:

Hi Mike and Carol

Did you get the Lithium batteries on your trailer? If so, I would like to have a tutorial on their use. I am confused by the percentages I am seeing and don't really know what to look for or be concerned about regarding the level of discharge the batteries have. Should the charge level not fall below a certain percentage and if so, what is the parentage and what do I do if it falls below that. I want to be a good steward of the batteries, but feel like I don't have enough information about what to look for or how to read the inverter screen.

When we ordered our trailer in 2015 lithium was not available so we got the four AGMs.  Earlier this year we replaced the four AGMs with two lithium’s (Battle Born).  We also got the solar package when we ordered, in those days it was two panels for 320W.  It kept our AGMs charged and is doing the same for our lithium’s.  We see discharge down to 85% or so in the morning after being fully charged.  We are camping in full shade now, so after last night and today we’re down to 70%.  I suspect we‘ll be down to 60% tomorrow morning.  No problem.  I’m told you can take lithium’s down much further than traditional batteries.  I’m not an expert, maybe one of our forum experts will weigh in.  I’m not concerned with being down to 60% or lower.  We’ll be driving further south tomorrow and we’ll be close to or at 100% by the time we get to our campsite.  We also have the Blue Sky solar controller so I can’t really comment on the Zamp.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, kathief said:

Hi Mike and Carol

Most good lithium systems, like battleborn and the systems Oliver installs, will lock you out when you drop below acceptable levels, unlike fla and sealed/agm batteries. .

That level may be down to 20, or less reserve capacity. That's part of the beauty, and expense, of lifepo batteries.  Less weight, and more capacity in the same space.

That said, we're still on the fence. Lots of $$ if we replace our agms with lithium, in the next few years. Since agms (and fla before) served us well, we'll see.

I'd love the extra capacity on our two battery tray, in an original 2008 Elite 1 shorty. I also find it not that difficult to limit power, and camp with cheaper agm.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.