Auto Drain Valve on the gray tank not working

The auto drain valve on our 2021 LE II is not working. It's not actually the drain valve but is used to prevent the gray tank from sloshing up into the shower pan while driving.

The switch is in the closet. The light does not go on and the valve motor / mechanism does not engage. Oliver service said that if the light doesn't turn on, it probably doesn't have power to the switch. I checked and that is the case. The manual and the documentation from the manufacturer (Barker) says there is an inline fuse. Does anyone know where that fuse is located? I don't believe it is in the wiring inside the closet as I've carefully pried apart the flex tube and don't see or feel anything other than wires. The wires and tube go into the inner wall and, I assume, under the bathroom sink. 

Also, in removing the switch to check for power, I inadvertently disconnected the wiring at the rocker switch. I'll have to get a wiring diagram from service or Barker unless someone has experience and can help to determine which wires connect to which terminals.

Thanks,

Scott Johnson

Scott & Sandy Johnson
Ann Arbor, Michigan and Fraser,  Colorado

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #760
TV 2017 Nissan Titan XD Diesel Pro-4X

Hi Scott.  

The service department should be able to tell you where to look for the fuse.  They should also be able to tell you how to reconnect the rocker switch.

As far as a wiring diagram goes, if you get one you will have done what none of the rest of us has been able to do.  

I don't have an auto drain on my backwater valve.  I would imagine that there is a way to manually open and close the automatic ones should the auto function fail.  I suggest that you ask the service department about that as well.

Good luck!

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

Mike,

I was going to call the service department again but July has been a hectic month with company or camping. Plus we've been at our Colorado house and by the time I get to troubleshooting it has been after service department hours. I just thought / hoped that somebody on the forums might have a quick answer to the fuse question.

It should be easy to manually open / close the valve by removing the motor mechanism. It is a gear drive that engages the valve and is mounted by two bolts. Then the valve is accessible. That's my plan if I can't get to full solution before we leave for Michigan this weekend.

And for anyone else trying to diagnose the same issue, the knowledge of hindsight is that the apparently sealed box that holds the switch isn't. Carefully pry the back panel and it pops out. Then you can see and test the connections without removing the rocker switch itself. The joys of self-exploration.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott & Sandy Johnson

I see.  Hopefully a forum member can give you an idea of where to find the fuse.

Where are you heading in Michigan?  We live in northern Indiana near the Michigan state line and we play up there often.  

Mike and Yasuko

Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our second home is Fraser, Colorado. Very new to the forums and didn't have a signature block set.

Scott

Scott & Sandy Johnson

I've been up that way.  Went to school there for a brief period at the MSU Washtenaw extension.  That is the only time that I have visited the eastern side of the state.  We live in South Bend and usually work our way up the coast of Lake Michigan and on up to the UP.  Took a float plane into Isle Royale a few years ago and had some memorable albeit dangerous encounters with a few moose.  Not foolish enough to get close to them on purpose, we just stumbled across them while hiking.

We almost went with a Titan Pro 4X but in the end felt the Tundra better suited our needs as a tow vehicle.  Our other vehicle is a 2013 Xterra Pro 4X that we use for getting around offroad and on two tracks.  I just love that thing.  Glad that I got one before that quit making them.

• Like 1

Mike and Yasuko