norcold fridge at high altitudes

Skipster

2 hours ago, John E Davies said:

Are you sure it is not a gas issue? I would try borrowing another bottle filled with fresh  “local” propane and test that, before I got too concerned about modifying settings. The jet may be slightly blocked, propane has lots of impurities that build up a crusty deposit, though generally that takes a few years. You can have the jet changed for a smaller one, but then it will then run lean (hot) at lower elevations. That would be a last resort IMHO.

My Dometic has been reliable to 10,000 feet. I hate it, but that has nothing to do with how it operates…..

I do  think it is prudent to carry a DC compressor fridge, that gives you an emergency backup, and also a place to store overflow purchases from the grocery store until you have the extra room for them inside the trailer. My medium sized ARB fridge uses a fifth of the amp hours the 3 Way uses on on DC power. I power it from the trailer when parked, using an extension cable coming off the side solar port.

John Davies

Spokane WA

thankyou much for the thoughts.    Monday I will call a local dealer/repair service and get them to service the jet etc

ok.  maybe a fix!   tried getting hold of norcold no luck but on another forum someone had fixed a similar issue by opening up the gap between the burner and electrode to 3/16".    my setting was way less than that so after adjusting the gap it fired up on the first click.    I am leaving it on to to see if it will cycle properly.    Jason called me from Oliver service and pretty much said the same.    so thankyou for all the help forum members.    will hopefully work now at altitude and here in liivingston,mt at 4400'

• Like 1