Victron training days

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Victron has begun touring much of the USA with a series of free classes, combining classroom and hands-on, for end users and pros.

Looks like a great learning opportunity.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2021/07/13/victrons-massive-north-america-training-tour/

They also offer free online learning classes:

https://www.victronenergy.com/information/training

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• The title was changed to Victron training days
  • 6 months later...
  • Moderators

One of our friends in the marine industry called me tonight. He was at the Tampa Victron training day yesterday,  and had a great day. I thought Tampa was just pros, or we would have gone, too. He said there were well  over half marine industry pros, but also diy rv and boat owners,  and off grid home folks in attendance. Attendees were split into beginning, intermediate,  and expert levels, which helped keep things at level .

He also said very little hands on, but good presentations. Also, would be really better as a two day show, but well worth the day spent.

He's especially interested in what the newer victron gear  can do. I'm  sure I'll hear more about the whole day, when he comes over for dinner, tomorrow. 

The traveling road show classes are free, and a good breakfast sandwich  and deli sandwich  lunch, too. (My husband asked that. 😄 as in, if I go, should  Sherry pack a lunch???)

Looks like a number of opportunities still, in February,  for Florida. 

https://www.victronenergy.com/training-tour

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Indeed so, Dewdev. They ran sessions in many other regions from last July (when I first posted) til this month. Our friend got the impression that it has been very successful and well received, and probably will be continued next spring or summer.

For anyone outside the southeast, probably best to keep an eye on their website.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Will Prowse posted this "basic" beginners video recently,  on victron systems.

Once set up properly,  they're pretty bulletproof.  For those whose eyes blur watching the video, I think you'll see why Oliver and others went with user friendly Zamp. 

Blue Victron gear is awesome. It can also be intimidating, depending on experience.  

And, I  doubt any/many of us need the facility of the cerbogx. With some of the high tech marine systems, yes. For an Oliver, probably not. But, it is very cool... and a lot of capabilities. 

There are simpler victron installs than this, for sure. (Our boat install is not nearly as complicated. ) 

If we hadn't purchased a Xantrex inverter a year before we installed the solar on the sailboat, we surely would have gone with the Victron multiplex.  And, even more of a bummer, our raymarine mfd screen (on the boat helm) and backbone communication system was the last version before victron integration. 

Sometimes,  it doesn't pay to be too early... but, when you need it, you need it.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Thanks Sherry,

I just watched this video today and as usual, Will presents information in a manner I can follow.

Good stuff,

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”