Beautiful Norwegan Stave Church

mountainborn

• Moderators

Blog Updated with Photos of Replicated Ancient Norwegan Stave Church. A wedding took place while we were there ( brief Brides gown description included ) Here is a quick look:

100_0715.jpg

Here is a link to the complete article:

http://mountainborn.blogspot.com/

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

I think the church is a wonderful tribute to their Scandinavian heritage. It's my understanding that one man did all the carvings in the church. I, too, thought it was beautiful. The original Hopperstad church is in a village near where one of my cousins lives.

The bridal dress you described in your blog was probably a bunad, or Norwegian folk dress. Each region of Norway has adopted an "official" folk dress based on traditional designs, and you'll see it worn by everyone from Queen Sonja to a young girl at her confirmation. Not only is it an expression of regional and national pride, but it solves the problem of "what to wear" on any given occasion... being appropriate dress for festivals, weddings,17 of May and other holidays, and any special occasion. Most have fairly full skirts and laced bodices that "expand with the wearer".... Good thing, as they're handmade, often from handmade fabrics, usually extensively embroidered with beadwork on the bodices, and quite expensive. A girl's bunad is often a confirmation gift from her family. Head dress, jewelry and decorations may change according to marital status. The bride wears a special head dress, usually of precious metal, and highly decorated.

http://www.husfliden.no/hunf/productgro ... ageid=5002

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.