3rd Party Observer TPMS

7 minutes ago, LongStride said:

It is doubtful that any of the sensors on the market emit signals on a constant or even on a timed basis irrespective of a pressure or temperature change.

While static.  I should have added that.  

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, LongStride said:

My sensors provide a reading while static that changes with atmospheric conditions.  Our Elite sits in a north/south orientation when at home.  There is a noticeable difference in tire pressures on sunny days.  Particularly early morning when the east tire warms in the sun.

Yes, that’s why the sensors on the east side of my trailer have higher pressure and temperature readings when I’m heading north in the morning and then it’s the west side in the afternoon and they are pretty even during the middle of the day.  The spare tire always reads cooler than the east or west side of the trailer, it’s always in the shade.  And I know that tire pressure goes up when the tires are warmer, thus the advice to check tire pressure when the tires are cold.  Of course that advice predates TPMS's, but now you can see it real-time as the tires heat up and the monitor displays the results.

As far as the lack of information goes, that applies to anything I purchase these days.  I don’t believe it’s an entirely new condition.  I think you worked in a technical or engineering world if I remember correctly and if so, you would know about documentation evolving from hard to soft copies.  I believe that change was driven by costs initially, but also believe the rapid changes in everything made currently, make it impossible for paper information to stay up to date.  I just bought a new Apple Mac mini and the box included the computer, power, HDMI and USB-C cables as well as a 4 page booklet and an Apple sticker.  The LG monitor I also purchased included a power cable, similar paperwork and a CD.  If you don’t know anything about the Mac mini, you wouldn’t know that it doesn’t have a CD drive.  So it’s off to google world.

I will add that I have a TST system and their technical support is excellent and it was certainly worth the phone call.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

I just found some information on the TST website that sheds a little light on how their system works.  Below is a snippet of the information available at their website.

Mossey

https://tsttruck.com/how-it-works

The monitor continually sequences through the sensors displaying each tires pressure and temperature. In the event an anomaly is detected, the monitor locks onto that sensor emitting an audible alarm and a textual description of the issue (fast leak, low pressure, high temperature).

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

Most certainly there are probably differences between the manufacturers of these TPMS systems.  But, it is also fairly likely that the basic systems are similar.

In the case of the EEZ TPMS their website states the following:

• "Tire pressure sensors are directly mounted on tire valves and transmit tire pressure and temperature information to TPMS monitor on a 6-second interval continuously even when vehicles are not moving.
  • TPMS monitor is motion sensitive and will go into power saving mode if no motion is detected in 15 minutes to save battery."
  •  
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"