Tire Rotation Jacking Technique

GAP

It's time to rotate the tires on my Elite 2.  Was wondering if anyone has successfully used the rear stabilizers for this purpose?  Oliver suggests doing that operation with jacks which, I assume would mean jacking up both axels on each side and lowering onto jack stands.  Sounds like a lot of work.  During our delivery day debrief, it was suggested not to use stabalizers to lift the trailer due to potential aluminium frame bending concerns.

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

• Moderators

There have been a few threads on this over the years.  If you do a search on “jacking” you’ll find a number of posts.  I’ve used the back jacks several times to do tire work.  Once at Discount Tire to have new tires mounted.  Once early on when I got my TST TPMS I went to a local tire dealer to get metal stems and a balance with the sensors on.  One time at a camp site my grease cap came off and I used the rear jack on that side to raise and remove the tire.  In all cases, I had the trailer connected to the truck, I put down the front jack and used blocks under the rear jacks to limit jack travel to just an inch or some.  I also ensured the trailer was on level ground.  Oliver now recommends against it, probably because of potential liability.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Great info Mike.  Sounds like a good routine and safe enough to get through a tire rotation.

Thanks much

Gerry

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package