Winnebago Made A Flying RV That Camped Where No Other RV Could

John E Davies

28B69049-6D98-479E-8FEA-F15BEFE73B72.thumb.webp.7a959fdd524d0bdbcf6749973be0c8bd.webp

E85AE526-0D18-4B4D-A9DA-5281F2D9F5C9.thumb.webp.938f3ac20e5f7d56f9fe316fb76b2514.webp

https://jalopnik.com/winnebago-made-a-flying-rv-that-camped-where-no-other-r-1847458400

Imagine the maintenance needed to keep a helicopter with a 1300 bhp radial piston engine operating. Safely…. The turbine option would definitely be my choice. And I would no longer need to bring along my gas leaf blower to clear the pine needles and dirt away from the site.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I used to love that magazine.  I was surprised that I didn't remember that issue until I looked at the date and realized I was overseas at the time.  I should have asked my dad to mail them to me each month.

@John E Davies if you got one of those you would have to put an addition on the other side of your house to store it.  Will the HOA allow airplane hangars?

• Haha 2

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

Quiet, safe, inexpensive, simple to operate, and great for the environment. It’s the perfect camper.

When I was a kid I’d always see the Popular Mechanics magazines on the shelf and wonder why our family didn’t have a subscription. Then I’d thumb through one and answer that question. 

• Haha 1

That is an interesting rotating, vibrating, fatigue machine for sure. In order to fly, it has to beat the air into submission.  Popular Mechanics was standard reading at my local barber shop as a kid. Fun stuff. Thanks John.

Legacy Elite I

ALCTDEFLGAKYMEMDMANHNJNYNCPARISCTNVTVAWV