Recommended mattress topper and sheet size for Elite II standard layout with King bed?

Although we just signed our sales order last Friday I'm a planner and needing advice on what mattress topper and sheet size people are using for the Elite II standard layout with the King bed conversion using the standard cushions not a mattress.   Any and all recommendations will be helpful.  I may have 10 months before our pick up date but I'm very excited.  Thanks all of you.

We bought off-the-shelf King size sheets and a heavy slip on mattress cover for our pickup trip. They fit well enough that we still use them. One set of sheets included long pillow covers and we found these slip over each end of the backrest cushion section under the rear window so we can use it as a head board and keep it protected. The slip on style help hold the cushions together well enough that we don't notice the seams very much but it also makes it difficult to access the water valves under them. In cold weather we add some sleeping bags on top and that makes the bed very cozy.

Jerry & Kathy

2019 LEII Standard #539 + 2019 Tundra Limited 4X4

Same here mostly, however my wife is a seamstress extraordinaire and customer made our linens for the bed. We did use a standard King 3" memory gel topper but don't recall the brand. Lately I have considered bringing in two twin mattresses and story the original Oliver cushions though.

Legacy Elite II #70

5 hours ago, Corvus said:

We bought off-the-shelf King size sheets and a heavy slip on mattress cover for our pickup trip. They fit well enough that we still use them. One set of sheets included long pillow covers and we found these slip over each end of the backrest cushion section under the rear window so we can use it as a head board and keep it protected. The slip on style help hold the cushions together well enough that we don't notice the seams very much but it also makes it difficult to access the water valves under them. In cold weather we add some sleeping bags on top and that makes the bed very cozy.

Thank you so much for this information.  I was imagining doing the same thing, however I was unsure how they standard King size sheets and mattress pad would work with the curvature along the front end.  You have put my mind at ease.  Shopping I shall go.  

3 hours ago, routlaw said:

Same here mostly, however my wife is a seamstress extraordinaire and customer made our linens for the bed. We did use a standard King 3" memory gel topper but don't recall the brand. Lately I have considered bringing in two twin mattresses and story the original Oliver cushions though.

Thank you for replying to my question. It really was helpful.  I might be able to tweak the sheets, but I am no seamstress.  I bet yours are beautiful.  The info regarding the memory gel topper is very helpful.  

• Like 1

We really liked our RV Sleep Sack.  It is a king size sleeping bag with velcro in sheets.  Very comfortable. It has a summer and winter side.  It works well if you want to break the bed down.  Just fold it up and stick it at the head of the bed and your dinette area is open.

• Like 2

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II.  2021 Ford F250 Diesel

On 8/16/2021 at 8:00 PM, Southbird401 said:

We really liked our RV Sleep Sack.  It is a king size sleeping bag with velcro in sheets.  Very comfortable. It has a summer and winter side.  It works well if you want to break the bed down.  Just fold it up and stick it at the head of the bed and your dinette area is open.

Thank you for this information.  I'll look the RV sleep sack up online.