Conversion to Silence the noisy AC

dewdev

I was reading an article on my phone that I think was from an article in RV Travel on July 23, 2021. The inventor, Darryl Abts, has develped a way of silencing  a RV's AC unit. The company name is WackO Products. "The silencer has some sound-deadening material but also has a vastly superior filter to the one the AC likely has now".

"The existing plastic cover is taken off on the bottom of the AC unit and replaced with the WackO RV AC Silencer, which has the air intake on the opposite side of the AC unit from where it typically is" This forces the air through an "L" channel and past some insulation and sound deadeniing material." (Quotes from the article)

Has any Ollie owner seen this converstion done or has anyone done it on their Ollie? 

Would be interested to hear what people think of the conversion and how quiet it makes the Ollie AC unit.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

Those work quite well in a ducted AC unit, but Ollies use ductless ones. So, no dice…..

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.