Quick Connect to Camp Chef 2X

Lori L

Hello,

I have seen some threads on this general topic but am still a bit confused-sorry if I missed a topic that addresses this.  I wondered if anyone uses the camp chef  explorer 2x stove and if the propane hose pictured below works with it and the QC system for propane.  Even if you don't use it but can provide any feedback that would be great.  Getting my Oliver on Friday (VERY EXCITED!!) and want to have all the right equipment.  I get the hose pictured on Thursday.  I know--nothing like waiting until the last minute--not sure why I thought getting this would be simple. 🙂  

Thanks for your time!

Screenshot 2021-08-24 1.11.43 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just make sure you DO NOT have a regulator on your cam chef your LP will be regulated by your Oliver. 

Pat

Pat (Swamp) from Joliet IL,  2021 Oliver LE II Hull "848" (19K miles to date) , 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 3:92 rear end P75 Trans 

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there while looking for a place to happen. Making stops along the way"

Map2-22june.jpg

I have quick disconnects on both ends of my appliances. (stoves, cookers, fire pit, etc.).  Since I do use my extension hose on other accessories it just alitames the carrying of more hoses. One exception is the Little Red Firepit, it's hose does windup inside the unit when not in use, but it to has quick disconnects on both ends which can give if needed two hoses for longer runs from the trailer. And yes, all regulators are removed from all appliances and only the trailer regulator is needed for safe use of each. I guess you can say, I went quick disconnect over board, but the ease of use is worth it to me. 

trainman

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, Trainman said:

I have quick disconnects on both ends of my appliances. (stoves, cookers, fire pit, etc.).  Since I do use my extension hose on other accessories it just alitames the carrying of more hoses. One exception is the Little Red Firepit, it's hose does windup inside the unit when not in use, but it to has quick disconnects on both ends which can give if needed two hoses for longer runs from the trailer. And yes, all regulators are removed from all appliances and only the trailer regulator is needed for safe use of each. I guess you can say, I went quick disconnect over board, but the ease of use is worth it to me. 

trainman

Can you provide links to the appropriate male and female connectors please?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Below is the link to a flared connection that would be added to the Camp Chef.  I opted for this or one similar to it.  I also bought one that was flared, but also had a short hose with the 1/4 inch QC on it.  This is handy too.  It gets the fitting for the extension hose off the surface where you join it.  I found many instances where I could barely keep the Camp Chef Ranger II on the picnic table and still make the connection to the QC female end of the hose running to the Oliver QC.

https://www.amazon.com/DOZYANT-Fittings-Connecting-Pressure-Appliance/dp/B082683LGQ?pd_rd_w=vCZMJ&pf_rd_p=306cc3dd-f716-4afe-8aeb-47781d60c63f&pf_rd_r=3NT1235EMHXRS51JVAEG&pd_rd_r=e0f176e2-542e-44c6-aae7-61397b3cde27&pd_rd_wg=GdOjT&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_d_csi_vtp_0_i

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

• 7 months later...

Cant find the right fitting to my weber 1200 grill to work with quick connect on Oliver after i removed the regulator off the grill. HELP

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite ll  Twin Bed   2019 F250 6.7 Diesel

• Moderators

They are available on several web sites.  bhncb has a good suggestion.  I think I got mine from Propane Guys.  There are also YouTube videos on how to convert.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

3 hours ago, louis said:

Cant find the right fitting to my weber 1200 grill to work with quick connect on Oliver after i removed the regulator off the grill. HELP

I used this kit, it included everything I  needed.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250