Bathroom Waterproof switch

2008RN

Does anyone know a source for the bathroom waterproof switch.  There are 2 switches; the pump switch and the light switch under the cabinet.   I was thinking about putting in a switch to turn the composting toilet fan on/off.  

IMG_0705.thumb.jpeg.c1108f0177b6fb9e782be7b26eb42e1f.jpeg

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

I just had another thought.  Is the switch in the bathroom for the pump really necessary?  It seems redundant with the pump switch on the SeaLevel II Tank Monitor.  I could just use the present pump switch in the bathroom for a Compost fan switch.

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

• Moderators
9 hours ago, 2008RN said:

Is the switch in the bathroom for the pump really necessary?  

Not until you are buck naked, standing in the shower, and, realize that you forgot to turn the water pump on.😊

• Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

The original Elites, like our 2008, don't have a pump switch in the bathroom. It has never bothered me, as it's one step in our small trailer to reach the switch by the SeeLevel. 

A few original owners added a switch in the bath, and Oliver adopted the idea. (Pretty sure Scubarx and dckiefer added the switches early on.)

You should able to find a similar weatherresistant switch and boot at NAPA, but if it were me, I'd spend a few dollars more and buy a weatherproof labeled blower rocker switch at a marine supply. I'd be less likely to accidentally turn off the fan.

Do the new Olivers still have the little low light that illuminates the floor? If so, I'd borrow that circuit instead. We never use that light, and you'd still be able to run the blower if you turned off the main pump switch, as we do every time we leave the trailer.

Screenshot_20210830-095559_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

13 hours ago, 2008RN said:

Does anyone know a source for the bathroom waterproof switch.

The switches themselves are the same as used elsewhere in the trailer and are not waterproof.  An optional splash-proof boot is used on the bath switches.

On my 2018, Oliver used ZF/Cherry RR and SR series switches , part numbers: RRA32H3FBBNN (DPST for light) and SRJ23A3BBBNN (SPDT for water pump 3-way). The optional boot is p/n 00150751. For later model trailers, I'd recommend pulling one of the more accessible switches by the door and verifying mfg and numbers.

It might be easiest to just source them from Oliver but Digikey stocks them I believe.

• Like 1

I just unplug the Nature's Head fan connector cord. Why mess around with a switch.

Go camping instead.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

3 hours ago, dewdev said:

I just unplug the Nature's Head fan connector cord. Why mess around with a switch.

Go camping instead.

It would be pretty easy to add an inline switch on the cord, which I guess would make it slightly easier to turn off.  I'm like you though, why bother if you can just pull the plug.  

• Like 2