Exercise Routines and Equipment

Carl Hansen

• Moderators

A pair of running shoes, running shorts, and a resistance tube.  Takes up little space and (generally) can be used anywhere.  

However, I must admit that after fishing all day or hiking all day I am usually only interested in an adult beverage and a chair (or bed).

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Hiking/walking is our main exercise supplemented with body weight exercises (push-ups, squats, lunges, etc.). Last year I bought a water-fillable plastic kettlebell for swings, squats, and a variety of arm exercises.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

As long as the weather cooperates, we do a good deal of cycling for cardio.  We will bring our mountain bikes along with us when we travel.  We do more work on road bikes here where we know the roads well but our mountain bikes will give us the ability to go off-road as well.

I like the suggestions about resistance tubes.  I am not familiar with them and will have to look more into that.  Body weight exercises is also a great suggestion.  We also have the Apple One subscription so we have access to Fitness +.  We will try some of the exercises there as well to see if that is a good resource.

We are both concerned about maintaining out fitness when away from home.  There are so many hours driving in the car and the temptation not to eat well.  

Carl

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

We find we eat better, camping. Since we're often out a long time, and storage is limited,  I plan meals without leftovers. Fewer snacks. Much more walking. Very little eating out. Eating out is the big culprit for us. It's social time with our friends,  at home. And that is a problem,  as restaurant food is often more fattening. 

I often lose 5 to  10 pounds over a summer of camping. This year, it's more, for each of us. Happy for that.

Now, to keep it off, in the winter months.  😁

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

That's good news.  We try to only eat two meals a day when we travel.  We tend to have a late breakfast or "brunch" and then dinner.  Keeping busy each day with activities will keep us away from the fridge and the snacks, ...at least that is the plan.  So far so good.

• Like 1

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

We’re two meal a day as well.  One at around 11am and one at around 5pm.  Some call it intermittent fasting, we call it normal.  When camping the grill is king so we do a meat and a vegetable for dinner and then call it a day.  Weight gain isn’t an issue!  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS