Maxfan metal part broke

Wayfinder

While adjusting the fan in the middle of the night a metal part broke off in the fan and flung pieces around. Now the fan will not shut off unless I pull the fuse. Has anyone seen this part break before?  It is metal.  I'm sure it's not replaceable after 5 years. 

Thoughts?

Maybe I can contact MaxFan and see if they have a spare part. 

PXL_20210909_224029991.jpg

PXL_20210909_224010604.jpg

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

• Moderators

Maxxfan should have that part. If you don't have a manual with a parts list, you can Google it. ( I used maxx fan parts explosion. Came right up.) Finding the part number will help, before you call or do a Google search for a secondary vendor.

Back in the day, (sigh) FanTastic would have sent the part for free. Dometic bought them. Maxxfan is airxcel, so quite possibly easier to obtain parts than Dometic.  

Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Mine broke as well after about 5 years of use.  I detailed the issue with pictures HERE.  I was able to order the part and do the replacement. You don’t have to remove the entire fan to do it, just the cover and the arm.  I removed the whole thing and did a thorough cleaning too.  

Do a search on Maxxfan and you’ll find other threads.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Back in the day, (sigh) FanTastic would have sent the part for free.

If you ever needed parts that is... Our 2005-ish Fantastic fan in our Ford E250 is still going strong. Manual open/close, three speeds, bi-directional, and super simple. No remote, no temperature or rain sensor - seemingly much harder to fry with condensation than these fancier fans and the raise/lower mechanism seems pretty darn solid. The lid has gotten a bit stuck closed at times an we've opened it with a little extra torque on the crank and so far haven't trashed it. Imagine that - a component designed and built to last LONG after the warranty expires, like our trailer frames and shells...

• Like 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

Yeah, I finally got on the roof to see what was what. I'll order the new part today. For now, a temporary prop will do. I'm full-timing for now, so I need the fan going. 

Thank you everyone for the details. 

PXL_20210910_180036194.jpg

PXL_20210910_173113297.jpg

• Thanks 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia