Hull #924

Carl Hansen

We just learned today that our "Lil' Tow" will be hull# 924.  Delivery is in about 6 weeks.  Ordered in February.  It has been a long time coming but delivery is now in sight.  The patience  and anticipation is now turning to true excitement, ...along with some anxiety. This will open a whole new chapter in our lives but we are looking forward to transition from car camping to more comfortable travel experiences seeing all the beauty this country of ours has to offer.  We hope to see many of you out there on the road.

Carl

• Like 5

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

We hope to see you, too, Carl. 

Enjoy the ride. We've loved our 14 seasons in our Oliver. 

Take your time, especially the first few nights near Hohenwald.  Test everything you learn at orientation,  so you know it works properly,  and that you know how it works.

Late October in Tennessee is beautiful.  Your timing is great!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Good for you two!

Most owners are overwhelmed at delivery - and its not just the writing of that big check!😊

Take your time and, hopefully, you have had a chance to go through the Oliver University so that you are at least somewhat familiar with what you have ordered.  Then, like SeaDawg recommends, test your systems and knowledge at least a couple of times during that first 24 to 48 hours.

Most of all - have fun and try to relax with your new baby.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Oliver university has been an excellent tool. I have seen all the videos but I’m going through them again. What a great resource. 

Question…  Do they give you a paper copy of the owners manual or do we only have access to the online manuals?

How about licensing… do they provide a temporary license for the trailer or do you need to arrange that before you take delivery?

Thanks! 

• Moderators

Last I heard - Oliver does not give you a paper copy of the online manual.  However, I'm not certain of this.  Ask your sales agent.  Even though I do have a paper copy for my Oliver, I also downloaded several copies of the online manual and several videos that I thought might be useful in the future (one set on a USB memory stick, another on my tablet and a third on my laptop).  Finally, I have kept copies of other articles (both printed and online) and posts from this Forum.  I store all of these in one of the "secret" compartments.

Oliver does supply you with a temporary license plate.  They will be in contact with you prior to delivery to get your insurance information for your Oliver since this is TN State law.  Or, as soon as you have this insurance information, forward it to your Oliver sales agent.  Other than the actual "act" of writing the final check, I think that you will find the paperwork part of picking up your new Ollie to be quick and easy.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 minutes ago, LCTraveler said:

We picked up hull 836 LE2 on June 30.  We received a paper copy of the Owners manual and a paper copy of the components manual.  
Pam

Thanks for that information!  It’s great to have a paper copy. Sometimes for me I still enjoy reading from a real book!

Carl