It’s official! Just picked up Hull 888 today!

Steve and Mary

Spending our first night at the new Oliver campground in our amazing Elite II.  Last September we toured the factory and made the decision that this was the RV we really wanted once we had retired this summer.  The forum has been a great source of learning all about the Oliver Elite II. We are looking forward to many adventures and meeting new friends. So very excited! 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 10

2020 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Limited Double Cab.  2021 LE2 #888

• Moderators

Congratulations! so happy for you.

I hope you enjoy your Ollie camping adventures as much as we have. 14 seasons in, still love our little Elite.

Looking forward to your photos, and impressions of the new factory campground  .

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Great hull number!

Please let us know how it goes and certainly what/how was the experience at the new Service campground.

Have fun with both your relatively new retirement and that new Ollie.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Our experience at the new Oliver campsites was enjoyable - the sites are just meant for overnight to be close by and not for a real camping experience but it was reassuring having them next door since just a few steps took you back to them for questions and help if needed.  We were very fortunate to have great weather and no issues with our camper.  Traveled to David Crockett State Park for this evening but will be heading north to Fort Massac State Park in southern Illinois for a couple of nights before returning to our home in Illinois.  Will try to post photos later in the week.  Mary

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

We're picking up #924 in less than 6 weeks.  We would love to hear about your experience and see your pictures.  We will live vicariously through your reports until we can get our own first-hand experience!

Carl

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

On 9/11/2021 at 8:34 PM, Carl Hansen said:

We're picking up #924 in less than 6 weeks.  We would love to hear about your experience and see your pictures.  We will live vicariously through your reports until we can get our own first-hand experience!

Carl

We have the same experience. Every hull that rolls off the Oliver line puts us one closer to our arrival in spring 2022!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2022 Oliver Elite II Hull#1047 "Saunter"

2014 VW Touareg TDI

ALAZILINKSMIMONVNMNCOHSCTNTXVAsm.jpg

5 hours ago, Steve and Mary said:

Here are some photos of the new Oliver Campsites - plus a bonus of Mr Quincy waiting to see his new home.  

D13D84C9-0F69-4047-A13B-8F3EF2136955.jpeg

B9863786-2E89-446B-BA4E-7F75B48298F1.jpeg

Cute doggie! That is a great size for traveling, how old is he? That sod looks close to dead, they need to get water on it ASAP or it will all need to be redone next spring. Do you know if they plan to plant some shade trees?

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, John E Davies said:

That sod looks close to dead, they need to get water on it ASAP or it will all need to be redone next spring.

I was told that the sod was simply laid directly over the gravel base that you can see being used for the drive paths.  At the time this was done there were questions asked of the installer regarding this installation method with the answers being that Oliver should simply water the sod and it would be OK.  I know that there have been further discussions on this matter but I do not know of any resultant decisions.

Bill 

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

There are sprinklers and water hoses on every site to water the sod.  There is a lot of hay on the top so when you look closer there is green grass starting to show through.  Regarding planting trees, we didn’t think they probably planned on trees since solar seems to be the way to go.  A few picnic tables would be nice but we were told they are on order.  

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

I was told that the sod was simply laid directly over the gravel base that you can see being used for the drive paths.  At the time this was done there were questions asked of the installer regarding this installation method with the answers being that Oliver should simply water the sod and it would be OK. 

LOL, sod laid directly on top of compacted gravel. What a hoot! Did Oliver really accept that as an acceptable installation? I have a bridge for sale…. I am in no way impressed.

• “Once the existing plant life dies, till and rake the ground. This loosens the dirt and uncovers any buried rocks. Use a rototiller to quicken the process. 
  • Your prepped dirt should be at least 6 inches deep. That way, your sod will grow into deeply rooted grass

Your bare lawn must be level. The ground should be 1 inch below the level of any sidewalks, patios or protruding sprinkler heads. Otherwise, the edges of your new lawn will degrade as the turf gets walked on and pressed down.”

https://www.homedepot.com/c/ah/how-to-lay-sod/9ba683603be9fa5395fab90b32edd1e

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

What a hoot! Did Oliver really accept that as an acceptable installation?

As I said - 

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

At the time this was done there were questions asked of the installer regarding this installation method with the answers being that Oliver should simply water the sod and it would be OK.  I know that there have been further discussions on this matter but I do not know of any resultant decisions.

Bill

Steve and Mary:

Welcome to the Oliver Owners Family.  As you know, we on the Oliver Forum love to help out the new owners in any way we can.  If you don't find info via the search, just start a new thread and one of the experienced owners, if not several of them, will just about always in good faith try to help.  

I suspect that you are aware that the number 888 has special biblical significance.  888 is the angel number, and means renewal, infinite abundance, and new beginnings.  How cool for you both.  I wish you the very best, and that the angels be with you both in all your travels, especially with your beautiful OE@.

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

On 9/13/2021 at 9:43 PM, John E Davies said:

Cute doggie! That is a great size for traveling, how old is he? 

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Quincy is our 11 yo miniature schnauzer who loves to travel - his only misdeed is his schnauzer tendency for barking but otherwise he behaves quite nicely.  We are hoping to add our two Egyptian Mau cats to the mix of traveling companions in the near future as they are Quincy’s best friends.  

• Like 1