Basement storage container perfect fit.

wolfdds

That looks pretty handy.. and got me wondering about what other folks stuff into the basement and what kind of storage solutions they have come up with…

Heres what we’ve got stashed away.. a tote with a couple 50’ water hoses and assorted “water gear”, a sort of spool I made with two 25’ cords wrapped around it and related testers and adapters in its center… a milk crate full of blocking of various sizes (6x6s, 2x6s 1x6s etc) and a box I made full for an assortment of tools and gear aimed at quick repairs and trouble shooting without getting into the “real toolbox” that lives in the truck.

109D7606-F51F-4AF3-A188-88B69777973F.thumb.jpeg.d2907f5df6b1821679193fda604ad608.jpeg

the tote and spool go in first…

02F60BCF-D778-4024-B0C6-F28DB2A4774F.thumb.jpeg.993414c16d0447ad7e94c139431c6092.jpeg

followed by the crate of blocking, and the tools.. the remaining space is where I stow the wheel chocks

17EEC879-023C-40B7-A35E-698C46EA0C2B.thumb.jpeg.a60d03310e5cf0e2ce1bd83b93180ca3.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

• Moderators

Love that custom spool, @Mcb. Everything in one space!

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:20 AM, wolfdds said:

This storage container is a perfect fit for the back of the basement. Plano, 68 quart, medium storage trunk.

basement4.jpg

basement3.jpg

basement2.jpg

basement1.jpg

Curious what you store in the tote, and what you keep in the rest of the space in the basement.  We pick up in less than 2 months.  

Things I definitely want to store here: The trailer and bike tool boxes, Electric cords and hoses, and anderson levelers, orange blocks. Trying to think of things that we definitely need to bring, but don't necessarily use every trip - THAT is what I would store in the tote...

• Like 1

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

• 6 months later...

l inherited the Plano box and a lot of other cool stuff the prior owner included with our E2.  FWIW, it also fits in the forward left area as you open the door.  I keep longer folding chair, folding table, mats, etc., items on the right.  Just reconfigured the Plano box to include a wet bag for hose and water hookup and other space for secondary water and electrical items, like adapters, etc., next to it.  

Basically, I can pull the box at camp for water and electric hookup.  Second 30amp cable is stored separately.  Still refining, so we'll see how it goes.

• Like 3

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

Some good insights here!  Thanks! Related - we have a rather large outside all vinyl "carpet" to lay on the ground ... when rolled/folded fits nicely inside the basement, but stretches across the entire rear of the space.  As we travel it usually unrolls a bit as I've not taken the time yet to use bungees or straps to hold it together.  Regardless, it takes up most of the basement storage area. I can squeeze other items in, including a plastic milk crate with misc. hoses, chords, tools etc. ... but not much room for anything else.  So, the question is ... where/how do y'all store/carry your outdoor rug?  Thanks, in advance, -Dan (BTW - looking forward to meeting everyone in Guntersville - see you there!)

• Like 2

Danno and Donna | Pittsburgh, PA | Hull# 069 - 2015 Ollie Elite II | 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, drfaux said:

So, the question is ... where/how do y'all store/carry your outdoor rug?  Thanks, in advance, -Dan (BTW - looking forward to meeting everyone in Guntersville - see you there!)

I got a couple of big Velcro straps from Amazon and fold it, strap it and put it in the bed of the truck.  The basement has a crate with water supplies, a crate with black tank supplies, a crate with spare stuff and the power cord and surge protector (I don’t have an internal one).  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Yep - a couple of velcro straps and then I put it into a nice big bag my wife made for it.  From there it gets dumped into the back of the truck.

Bill

p.s.  there are a bunch of different ways to use the "basement" space.  While at the Rally be sure to ask people to see what they have done.

In fact - this is one of the main benefits of the Owner's Rally and this year you will have even more time to do it - simply walk around, look and ask.  I've never had an owner refuse to talk about and/or show me the things they have done to their Ollie!

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

hmmm ... the basement in my 2015 (Hull #069) looks quite a bit different than the one pictured above ... Anxious, now, to see the options and ideas at the rally! ... see y'all there!

• Like 1

Danno and Donna | Pittsburgh, PA | Hull# 069 - 2015 Ollie Elite II | 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, drfaux said:

hmmm ... the basement in my 2015 (Hull #069) looks quite a bit different than the one pictured above

Yep, the newer Ollie’s have a "finished basement", which included the rear wall partition like your pictures of your Plano box.  My 2017 LEII does not have the rear wall.

Mossey

Edited by mossemi
Corrections
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Thanks for the tip about the Plano storage box. I bought one yesterday to replace the two milk crates that I stored in the inner-most part of the basement. Even with ropes attached to the crates to make it easier to remove them, the furthest crate would always hang up on a bump in the ridged rubber matting, and I would have to go headfirst into the basement to retrieve it. The Plano box slides in and out easily, once you figure out how to angle it just right.

• Like 3

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg