Trust

mountainborn

• Moderators

I guess for me that's the bottom line. For nearly every thing that I do. When you look someone in the eye as they tell you something, you know then, not later, but right then. You can shake someone's hand and still not be able to tell if you can trust them. But there is something about the ring of their voice and the certainty of their statements that tells you if they can be trusted.

Robert Partee and I had that kind of relationship based on trust, and I expect that many on here will readily agree that their relationship with him was similar. After all most of the folks on here bought their Oliver trailer because they dealt with Robert, whom they trusted.

The folks at the factory are all ever so busy handling the nuts and bolts of getting the trailer you ordered just like you want it. But somehow Robert and his attention to detail was the vital link to getting your needs communicated to the talented craftsmen out on the floor, who would come through for you.

When you told Robert what you needed, it was as good as done and when you got off of the telephone, you felt confident that your request would be tended to, because Robert said he would take care of it. Trust. Then, weeks later at your delivery date at the plant, you are not supprised that the little details you needed are taken care of, because Robert told you he would take care of it. Trust, the critical element of our transactions in life and business. Robert was the trusted "go to guy" for many new Oliver buyers. Haven't heard any details, so I won't get into speculation, it's not necessary because professionals take care of business and we know the folks at Oliver as professionals.

Times change, and people move on. Robert has. He will be sorely missed.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Well spoken, rings true, we all entrusted our dreams to Robert and his dedication to service for the Oliver customer. Goodbye our dear friend . . .

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Well put, Mountainborn! Couldn't agree more.

So much of our impression of Oliver has been Robert's voice and personality. He was our first and primary contact with the company, and led us through the customization process. He went out of the way to have a birthday cake & decorations waiting for me when we picked up our Oliver. He went above and beyond to make sure every detail was taken care of, every promise delivered and every issue resolved, helping ease the frustration of having to deal with issues in the first place. He kept in touch after the pick-up.

Our experience with everyone else at Oliver tells us we will have no issues without Robert getting advice/service - as they are an all around class act of a company - but we will indeed miss dealing with him. We don't know the circumstances surrounding Robert no longer being with Oliver, but from this customer's point of view, they have let a gem slip by them.

- Cherie