Removing batteries from 2017 Elite ll with solar panels

I disconnected and removed the 4 lead-acid batteries from our 2017 Elite ll for the winter. I also wrapped the electrical leads going from the batteries into the trailer with electric tape. Do I need to turn off or disconnect the solar panels? If yes, how do I isolate the solar panels?  I appreciate any advice/help you guys can provide.

What Hull number? The earlier ones like mine (#218)  have no easy way to disconnect the panels, they used a self resetting automotive circuit breaker. You could replace it very easily with one of these:

IMG_9507.thumb.jpeg.8221d2219c2f30b7282ab235c3f49261.jpeg.3c5c3b10dd41b028f1b1863130cd8861.jpeg

Push the red button to disconnect power, reset it by moving the yellow lever back into position. Easy. I don't understand why Oliver cheaped out and used an inappropriate breaker, when they used that exact same part for the main DC bus, underneath the streetside bed.... Your fat black pair of solar wires should be visible coming down (from the Zamp controller in the overhead cabinet) to meet at that location. Just remove the existing $2 breaker and throw it far away, mount the Blue Sea one in its place. Here is a pic showing the one I installed when I changed controllers:

IMG_3379.JPG.e57ad8005ffebb2b5d203dd97c1d56f0.thumb.JPG.e637653d118cdb36b2a28ae02cb9efd8.JPG

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.