Accessories provided at delivery?

Steve and Cindy

We are looking forward to our new arrival in February, and are starting to put together a list of things to take to delivery.  The Oliver FAQs say that they provide a potable water hose, waste hose, lug wrench, water pressure regulator, etc.  I think there are a lot more goodies in the "etc" that are provided by Oliver.  Is there a complete list somewhere of all the included items?  We wouldn't want to buy some gizmo and then find that it is already included with the trailer.  

2016 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Max Tow | 2022 Oliver Elite II - Hull#1034 'Hullabaloo' 

• Moderators

Most of the other truly necessary gizmos are available at Hohenwald walmart, or tractor supply.

What you want to buy ahead are locks, leveling system, and whatever you like to outfit the interior. 

My Advice: Don't go crazy. A lot of stuff is available anywhere, and people buy a lot of unnecessary,  never used stuff, ahead of time.

Try out minimalist camping. Then add.

• Like 5

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+
8 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

...Try out minimalist camping...

What is this "minimalist camping" of which you speak?

• Thanks 1
  • Care 1
  • Haha 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

So I picked up in May.  Oliver provided sewer hose, drinking water hose, water pressure regulator, sewer elbow to connect to sewer at campsite,  lug wrench and power cord.   You need a torque wrench for tires and that is not provided.  I bought my own water regulator so I can see the pressure and use Oliver one as backup.   You will also want chocks and levelers.

I’d highly recommend a tire monitoring system.   

• Like 5

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, 2Ags87 said:

Is there a complete list somewhere of all the included items?

The best person to answer this question is your sales rep at Oliver (in the event that there have been any recent changes).

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
17 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

What is this "minimalist camping" of which you speak?

Yes, those of us who know you realize that's not part of the camping vocabulary for you...

We also know how much you've helped others with the parts and gear you carry.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

17 hours ago, TexasGuy said:

So I picked up in May.  Oliver provided sewer hose, drinking water hose, water pressure regulator, sewer elbow to connect to sewer at campsite,  lug wrench and power cord.   You need a torque wrench for tires and that is not provided.  I bought my own water regulator so I can see the pressure and use Oliver one as backup.   You will also want chocks and levelers.

Just want to confirm that we got the same stuff as TexasGuy so that you're hearing from another person that took delivery recently.  Also, please remember to consider adjusting your tire pressure before you leave Oliver.  It is set at 80lbs and the advice given on this site to reduce pressure to 60lbs is prudent in my opinion.  Consistent with my last sentence make sure you have a tire pressure gauge with you that has an appropriate range for this type of tire.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

I go for that Minimalist Camping, we came from a Casita so we were prepared for what we needed. All being said, yes there will be some items that you will want to have, but I have found that miss it once you may not need it, but miss it twice you might consider it. My last purchase was a "Honey Pot" having to unhook and go to the dump station is not that much fun. I can say that our RAM 4x4 truck was packed full of stuff when we went to pickup our new trailer, I was wondering a smaller vehicle might be a problem for some. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2021 at 4:46 PM, TexasGuy said:

Great info!  We watched the Oliver E2 YouTube Delivery walkthrough video recorded two weeks ago and decided we are going to purchase a torque wrench in advance of pick up. Will this torque wrench work?  The video doesn’t say the size (1/2”, 1/4” etc) needed? Do you recommend a particular one?

Thanks Much, M&K

1/2-inch Drive Click Torque Wrench, 10~150 ft./lb

• Like 1

Hawaii / 2021RAM 2500 Power Wagon 6.4L / Elite II ~Delivery May 2022

Relaxed.jpg.3d7892cc86c3852d4142aabebc15cd93.jpg

On 10/7/2021 at 4:10 PM, connor77 said:

adjusting your tire pressure before you leave Oliver.  It is set at 80lbs

OTT says they're setting them at 55 for delivery now.

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Islandgrl said:

Will this torque wrench work?

Looks good to me.

Since I always carry mine with me while towing I chose an inexpensive one so that I would not be terribly disappointed when/if it broke.  I check it a couple time a year to make sure that it is still within a reasonable zone of calibration.  The one I bought for the Ollie is THIS.  Is it the best - no.  Is it precise - probably not but it is good enough for the job at hand (lug nuts).

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I run 60 psi., but when we received our trailer they were it 80 psi. I also let the helium out and put air back in, just don't want to deal with it down the road. I personally think it's just a selling gimmick for auto dealership to make money, I know I spent 35 years at one. If it's your thing them do it, it's neither a good, or bad thing for me.  

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

2 hours ago, Trainman said:

I also let the helium out

It's N2, nitrogen. Helium would make the trailer lighter 🙂 And there is no need to get rid of it, just top up with regular air (which is 78% N2) as needed. I used to use nitrogen all the time, on airplanes. I agree it is a gimmick for normal cars.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

6 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Looks good to me.

Since I always carry mine with me while towing I chose an inexpensive one so that I would not be terribly disappointed when/if it broke.  I check it a couple time a year to make sure that it is still within a reasonable zone of calibration.  The one I bought for the Ollie is THIS.  Is it the best - no.  Is it precise - probably not but it is good enough for the job at hand (lug nuts).

Bill

Bill,

Thank you very much!  M&K

• Thanks 1

Hawaii / 2021RAM 2500 Power Wagon 6.4L / Elite II ~Delivery May 2022

Relaxed.jpg.3d7892cc86c3852d4142aabebc15cd93.jpg