Towing with a Jeep Gladiator

Bluetick

I personally think the gladiator is a great off road vehicle. However, I feel it makes a better toad than steed. The payload will probably be under 1k and the max tow will most likely be 4K ish. Carefully look at the numbers before you take the next step. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Bluetick said:

We are looking to buy an Oliver.  The tow vehicle will be a Jeep Gladiator which has a GVWR of 7650 pounds.  While I'm sure it can tow the 18-ft Oliver, does anyone know whether it will tow the larger, 23-ft trailer?

Sure, it will tow the bigger Oliver but you won’t be happy.  Payload and fuel tank size are marginal.  If you plan on visiting mountains you will be at your limits going uphill and downhill.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I would not recommend the Gladiator as a TV for the Oliver Legacy Elite ll for all the reasons mentioned above. 

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

I was stopped at a fuel station and a Gladiator came in with an Oliver Elite II so I asked the owner how he liked his Gladiator and Oliver towing, he said it was doing fine and this was his first trip with the Gladiator Sahara and the Oliver. He was some 200 miles from home and he was an 82 year old gentleman and this was his first RV in some 15 years, so I didn't go with any more questions as I feel if he was happy then all was ok for him. The rig looks great together, but just didn't think it would work for me. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.