Is there some secret to getting anti-freeze to faucets via pump?

nrvale0

I've been through the winterization YouTube video at least a dozen times and so far I've only been able to get any anti-freeze into kitchen sink via cold water. I never get any pink via kitchen hot water and nothing at all through the bathroom sink or the outside shower. I thought perhaps the faucets were aerating the water in such a way that it was not apparent that anti-freeze was coming in so I captured the water into a cup to look for color and still nothing.

I get almost no pressure to the faucets even if I let the pump run for well over 2 minutes.

Thoughts?

Are you sure that the hot water bypass valve is turned so that the handle faces the rear of the trailer?  The bypass valve is featured beginning about 1 minute into the winterization video.

.... (now this is an example of the blind attempting to lead the blind 😉)

• Thanks 1

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

35 minutes ago, Fritz said:

Are you sure that the hot water bypass valve is turned so that the handle faces the rear of the trailer?  The bypass valve is featured beginning about 1 minute into the winterization video.

.... (now this is an example of the blind attempting to lead the blind 😉)

Yes, sir. I actually never changed it back after sterlizing the system a couple of days ago.

• Wow 1

• Moderators

RE-check that hot water bypass just to make sure.

OK - turn off the kitchen faucet and open the bath faucet.  Any luck?

If no luck then look at the level of antifreeze - is it going down?  If its going down then the stuff is going somewhere.  If its not going down then there must be a block somewhere between the kitchen and the bath.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

That's the interesting part. It went down to about half of the jug and that's when I got the cold water winterized in the kitchen. Nothing else has moved the line in the jug. I'm rather flummoxed. I'm considering just taking the trailer to low-elevation NV for the winter(It's not far...lol).

Ha ha! No dumb questions. For sure. It's one of the first things I looked at when I wasn't getting the expected results.

You know what I didn't check though? If the hose or the filter on the inlet port somehow clogged after getting enough fluid to flush the cold in the kitchen. I will have to check that when I get back out there today. I can't imagine how it could have since the hose is quite short and was inserted directly into a fresh A/F bottle but...

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem.  I've check everything mentioned above.  The level of antifreeze in the jug never goes down.  I remember having this problem last year and I solved it by raising the AF jug onto the bumper.  This is not working this time.  Even when I raise it as high as the 3 foot hose allows.

Interesting...I wondered about the length of the house/strength of the pump so I shortened my hose a bit and then put the jug on the bumper. Haven't made a difference for me either. I guess I'll call Oliver service this week to see if they have any ideas.

I had a similar issue. My problem was the fittings on the hose I was using was not air tight and causing a pump priming issue...intermittent or none at all. I resolved it by using a new hose with a "factory crimp" and some telfon tape. Once I did this the anti-freeze flowed to all faucets within a few seconds. There was no question when the water changed from clear to pink.

• Like 1