Make Window Blinds Slide More Easily

Fritz

Has anyone found a good way to make window blinds open and close more easily?  Some sort of lubrication, perhaps?  One of ours slides very well with one hand, but the others seems sticky even with two hands.  Ideas?

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

• Moderators

I had to restring two of my blinds.  One works well, the other is very difficult to open and close.  The strings attach to springs at the bottom of the frame, I think I got the strings too tight on the one that is difficult.  I’ve tried to use some lubricant but it didn’t help the situation.  If I have time and some decent weather on this trip I’m going to take it apart to see if I can re-tie the strings a little looser.  Otherwise, I’ll wait until we’re home at the end of the month.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

1 hour ago, Fritz said:

Has anyone found a good way to make window blinds open and close more easily?  Some sort of lubrication, perhaps?  One of ours slides very well with one hand, but the others seems sticky even with two hands.  Ideas?

If you're referring to sliding the screen - Consider spraying silicone lubricant on cloth and wiping the slide surfaces.

• Thanks 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

I'd say remove the blinds, make sure that the strings aren't bound up in any way, and if not, try rubbing some wax into them.  There's also a tension spring that you could try stretching, or retie the string with a little more slack.  Be careful you don't overdo it though, since the lower blind depends on that friction to stay up.  In fact, the complaint has typically been that there isn't enough friction to hold the lower blind all the way up.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2