Hello from Ohio - Finally Did It

Shawna and Scott

About four years ago I found Oliver and these forums while browsing the Airstream forums looking for our 1st Travel Trailer (some tenting camping). The next four years consisted of mostly reading these forums, sending for brochures, to "unofficially" spec'ing out ours (dreaming), to using the referral program to see one in person, and to finally scheduling a tour this past Monday.  I was impressed with the detail and thought that Oliver puts into these but not surprised since so many on here had prepared me without any of you knowing it. 

We sat down with Jason and went thru all the options then the question came, "do you want to secure a production date?". I couldn't have been more happy to tell him absolutely. So we now have a delivery date next July (15th I believe).

We are newbies to the travel trailer scene and look forward to meeting many of you over the next few years. 

I will continue scouring these pages to help me finalize the options before April and to help prepare us for alittle life on the road.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 9

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

Congrats on your decision!!  You won't regret it.  We were "newbies" three years ago (in some ways we still are), and our Ollie has given us pure pleasure in numerous trips since March 2018.

Welcome to the club.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim & Mary

Bozeman, Montana

2017 Legacy Elite II-Hull #294

2019 GMC Sierra 2500

12 minutes ago, RunninOnMT said:

Congrats on your decision!!  You won't regret it.  We were "newbies" three years ago (in some ways we still are), and our Ollie has given us pure pleasure in numerous trips since March 2018.

Welcome to the club.

Jim

Congratulations!!!  We take delivery in 9 days!   I didn’t think delivery would ever come. We ordered last February. I spent a great deal of time going through Oliver University. I highly recommend it if you haven’t already. 

As you already know, this forum is the best. The people on this forum really go the extra mile and help however they can. 

Congratulations again and enjoy the process. 

Carl

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Welcome to the Family!

Obviously there is some bias here but most (if not all) reached the same decision as you did probably for many of the same reasons.

The time between now and July will go by quickly even though there will be the occasion that you will wonder if it will ever get here.  Use this time wisely - study the Oliver University and this Forum even more than you have.  This "homework" will serve you well and make your "newbie" introduction much more enjoyable with a bunch less stress.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Congratulations on your upcoming Oliver!  Many of us followed the same path that you did and many of us were first time trailer owners.  We’ll be here during the upcoming months while you wait to answer questions.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Welcome! Please be confident that you made the right decision. It's a big investment but a safe investment. On one hand if you have a sudden change in circumstance in future, you'll be able to sell your Oliver with very little depreciation. On the other hand, as you can see from many of the "seasoned owners" on the forum, you can use the heck out of the trailer and not worry about anything falling apart as it would on any other brand. Plus the excellent customer service from the factory. Plus this incredible resource on the owners forum. It's a win-win! All you have to do now is think of all the great places to take your Ollie.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

On 10/12/2021 at 1:21 PM, Shawna and Scott said:

About four years ago I found Oliver and these forums while browsing the Airstream forums looking for our 1st Travel Trailer (some tenting camping). The next four years consisted of mostly reading these forums, sending for brochures, to "unofficially" spec'ing out ours (dreaming), to using the referral program to see one in person, and to finally scheduling a tour this past Monday.  I was impressed with the detail and thought that Oliver puts into these but not surprised since so many on here had prepared me without any of you knowing it. 

We sat down with Jason and went thru all the options then the question came, "do you want to secure a production date?". I couldn't have been more happy to tell him absolutely. So we now have a delivery date next July (15th I believe).

We are newbies to the travel trailer scene and look forward to meeting many of you over the next few years. 

I will continue scouring these pages to help me finalize the options before April and to help prepare us for alittle life on the road.

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Congratulations Shawna and Scott!   We are waiting for ours to be built as well.... and also from Ohio.   We have a room that is starting to look like an RV store!    This forum is an excellent place to learn about your new RV while waiting on it!  Have fun!

• Like 1

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

Welcome from Maine.  Waiting and reading the forum you will be tempted to start gathering "stuff". Take it easy. You will be tempted to store it in a spare room. Don't, there is more room in a garage or small barn, lol.

We have been up and down the eastern seaboard and the Mississippi River a few times in the last five years. And a few boondocking trips too. Each time we get home we evaluate items we haven't used, and see if we really need to be carrying it. We carry quite a few pounds less every trip. (What we did find was that there are stores all over the USA). We actually have three overhead cabinets that are almost empty, and room in the closet. We eat well, travel light, and stop often. Stay off the interstates as they almost all look a like. Come to a stop sign and flip a coin, tails to the left, heads to the right. That has lead to some of the best sights. Oh, and carry a good set of maps. Garmins usually lead to big crowds... See you around a campfire...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2