Rejex question

Fargoman

I'm planning to use Rejex, rather than wax, on our LE2. How much Rejex is typically needed for one application? I'd like to know how much to buy. Thanks.

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

One 16 oz bottle should be plenty, I typically use a little over half. It doesn’t require a heavy application. Proper prep is critical, you must get off all the old wax and any bugs, sap or tar. I suspect that the bad reviews come from folks who did not prep adequately.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 11 months later...
On 10/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, John E Davies said:

One 16 oz bottle should be plenty, I typically use a little over half. It doesn’t require a heavy application. Proper prep is critical, you must get off all the old wax and any bugs, sap or tar. I suspect that the bad reviews come from folks who did not prep adequately.

John Davies

Spokane WA

John,

We will pick up on November 7 and I plan to use Rejex instead of wax based on the recommendation of an Ollie owner who swears by it.  I hope to apply some on pick up to make it easier to clean the bugs off after the over 2000 mile trip back to Oregon.  If it's decent weather and not cold, does that seem doable?  When the trailer is delivered, I would think it wouldn't have any wax on it.  I may just do the front if my time and weather allow it.  Does this sound like a good plan?

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, John Welte said:

John,

We will pick up on November 7 and I plan to use Rejex instead of wax based on the recommendation of an Ollie owner who swears by it.  I hope to apply some on pick up to make it easier to clean the bugs off after the over 2000 mile trip back to Oregon.  If it's decent weather and not cold, does that seem doable?  When the trailer is delivered, I would think it wouldn't have any wax on it.  I may just do the front if my time and weather allow it.  Does this sound like a good plan?

John

Treat your truck before you leave home. At delivery, it will be problematic in November,  maybe you can talk Oliver into letting you bring and leave the trailer inside for 12 hours after you finish applying it. Also it should not applied in direct sunlight. You should also use a clay bar or paint cleaner to make sure the surface is absolutely spotless. That takes a good bit of time. So just the front makes sense rather than the entire hull and roof..  

Have you considered asking Service if they will do the entire trailer BEFORE delivery if you send them a 16 ounce bottle of Rejex? That would certainly be simpler.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

Treat your truck before you leave home. At delivery, it will be problematic in November,  maybe you can talk Oliver into letting you bring and leave the trailer inside for 12 hours after you finish applying it. Also it should not applied in direct sunlight. You should also use a clay bar or paint cleaner to make sure the surface is absolutely spotless. That takes a good bit of time. So just the front makes sense rather than the entire hull and roof..  

Have you considered asking Service if they will do the entire trailer BEFORE delivery if you send them a 16 ounce bottle of Rejex? That would certainly be simpler.

John Davies

Spokane WA

"Have you considered asking Service if they will do the entire trailer BEFORE delivery if you send them a 16 ounce bottle of Rejex? That would certainly be simpler."

Great idea John.  I will ask about that.  Thanks for your suggestion.

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderator+
37 minutes ago, John Welte said:

"Have you considered asking Service if they will do the entire trailer BEFORE delivery if you send them a 16 ounce bottle of Rejex? That would certainly be simpler."

Great idea John.  I will ask about that.  Thanks for your suggestion.

I couldn’t afford their hourly rate. 

• Sad 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

31 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

I couldn’t afford their hourly rate. 

What's the hourly rate?  

spacer.png

• Moderator+
1 hour ago, John Welte said:

What's the hourly rate?  

$100 or $150 per hour. 

• Wow 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

2 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

$100 or $150 per hour. 

That's on par with everyone it seems.  We had to use a mediator on a family lawsuit with my wife's family and he charged $500/hour.  Mediation took about 10 hours!

• Sad 1

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 11:25 AM, John Welte said:

We will pick up on November 7 and I plan to use Rejex instead of wax based on the recommendation of an Ollie owner who swears by it.  I hope to apply some on pick up to make it easier to clean the bugs off after the over 2000 mile trip back to Oregon.

John:

My concern is that every Ollie off the line gets "show room prepped" and they are beautiful.  As Rejex requires removal of all wax, the question is what does Olive use to create that beautiful shine?  If it is wax.... TILT.

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg