Access holes?

Hello All,

I have a 2021 LE2 that has a round 4”access hole with cover next to the furnace return on the curb side, Trying to figure out what it is for. I thought that it was for the fresh water tank drain but it is easier to just lift the access hatch. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

This is a access covers so you could switch valves thorugh the access hole instead of lefting the mattress and access hatch.

There are other access covers around the Ollie to allow someone to get to wiring.

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators

I believe this is so you can drain the fresh tank without lifting the mattress.  I can do it, but the contortions leave me with muscle cramps.  It’s easier to lift the mattress.  I think a bigger access port would work better.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Same condition exists on the LE l.  We leave the rear bed set up all the time, so even getting to the access port requires laying on the floor.  Like many of the rest of you, I just use the access panel under the bedding.

• Like 2

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

Somebody’s “brilliant” idea which turned out to be a complete fail. After nearly twenty years of building these trailers, you would think they would just stop cutting that dinky round hole, or install a big rectangular hinged-at-the-bottom hatch instead. The furnace inlet grill could be installed in the hatch door for a much cleaner look, for a double win…

I tried using mine the first time I winterized “Mouse”, and literally laughed out loud.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

The only thing I can use the hatch that's below the curbside bed is to turn the bypass on for the Truma.  I can't possibly use it to reach the fresh water tank drain and always have to get assistance to raise the KT mattress and cover or I risk doing damage to my left arm.  

• Like 1

David Caswell and Paula Saltmarsh

Hull 509 "The Swallow"

In the Oliver Winterizing video Jason shows how you can reach thru that port and switch the Suburban water heater valve into bypass.   As far as I can tell, that’s all it can be used for, too small for me to reach any other valves.  

• Like 3

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250