Christmas lists and Campers

SeaDawg

• Moderators

The holidays are right around the corner.

Our tree is in the corner of the living room, ready for lights this weekend, and Paul's been out stringing part of the Christmas lights each day on the house. The house smells great with the natural pine scent, and though we're way behind most of our neighbors, the house is "beginning to look a lot like Christmas" too.

Well, each holiday (my birthday, Paul's, Christmas...), it seems the Oliver gets a gift, too. A cover (not yet used), solar panels (used all the time, and so wonderful...), the EZ tug (great for our application), and many smaller items.

Right now, we're thinking about a few different items for the trailer, some small, some larger. Our neighbors bought a (much, much larger) RV, and I'm ordering a set of acrylic wine glasses and snack plates for them from (where else!) amazon.com....

What's on your holiday list for your Oliver? What have you purchased in the past that you'd call a "best buy"?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Sherry,

I bought the Extreme Vent to replace the holding tank vent that came with Oliver and had it installed the day before Thanksgiving. I just added more silver bubble lining - this time I added it to the closet by the door.(thanks to ?? who originally posted about adding the silver bubble lining to the upper storage areas ) I hope to figure out some way to put a raised flooring in the closet by the door because I am afraid I will accidentally cause the wires to be pulled out. I also bought two very soft, fluffy square pillows to replace the cushions that I took from the small dinette that I am now using as support for the big table bed. I couldn't wait til Xmas to accessorize Revilo. It is an ongoing process. I am also too impatient to wait until I can take Revilo camping so I still just camp in the driveway every chance I get. Snow has been forecast for Friday so I hope to enjoy spending the night in my cozy little camper. Sorry for getting off topic! Having an Oliver is just too much fun! It is such a joy to keep up with everybody by way of the forum. To all - keep up the informative, enlightening, and entertaining posts. Jam49 Now I have to search for the person who originally posted about the bubble lining so I can give him credit.

We got adorable little suction cup snowflakes with LED color changing lights for Orion.. perfect Oliver holiday decorations, and just $5 at Target :) As far as big upgrades, nothing really on our list. However the Hewus battery upgrade was quite impressive and very tempting.

Well, I suppose we could consider the new tow vehicle a huge gift to Orion too :D

We probably won't be spending Xmas in the trailer this year however.. as soon as we're done working at amazon.com (we're here workamping in Kansas with mountainborn), we'll be heading up to St. Louis to spend the holidays with Chris' family and staying in their guest room.

After the first of the year, it looks like we're heading down to Florida for a few weeks, then off to Texas by early March.

- Cherie

Hi All and espescially Jam!

Who did you get top put on your Extreme Vent?? Had two on my Casita and they worked great and easy to install on the single hull but took off vent on PhunnyPharm and with the double shell it didn't look like anything I wanted to attempt ! :o

PhunnyPharm will get a real good wash n wax and the bumper buffed out for Christmas. 'Course we'll be up in Tallahassee before the Holidays so who knows ?? ;)

Chuck 8-) n Geri ;)

Hi Tumbleweed,

I bought the Extreme Vent and the extension piece from Coil and Wrap with the intention of putting it on myself. The video instructions that are online seemed simple enough but I decided to let the Camping World guys attach it for me after I saw the black pipe was off center and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to fix it correctly. I watched as he sawed off the top cap down to the round base. I was ok with that because of the steps I saw in the installation video He put a stronger adhesive putty than I would even have known to use. I wrote down the name of the adhesive so that I would know what to use for maintenance in the future. I am with the grandkids so I will look it up when I am home and let you know. Sadly the only place I have been since it was installed was to bring Revilo home.

If you decide to install the Extreme Vent on your Oliver would you let me know if you decide to put one over the shower vent? I wasn't sure if it even needed one so I only ordered the one. jam48

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

We haven't really looked into any other vents. The Oliver seemed to be properly equipped for our use,so far.

I'm thinking about new rugs... a runner and entrance mat that more closely match our cushions. Other than that, I just haven't found anything else I need (or want) for our little trailer.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.