Cell phone service

Ollieboba

My wife & I will be picking up our new Elite II Nov 8th and wondered if any of you could weigh in on which cell phone service is the most reliable for traveling across the country?

I currently have Verizon and my wife has ATT, which seems to be sketchy here in Michigan

We didn’t opt for the cell phone or WiFi booster and understand service can be poor or unavailable when boondocking   in many places 

Any recommendations or thoughts?

Ollieboba

you should be ok with both carriers. For some reason at&t works best in the east, south east states and Verizon works best in the western states. There are many remote areas were nothing works.  That’s why a good ole atlas map comes in handy when there is no cell service to help find your way. At least you’ll find a small town. And hopefully cell service will return. 

• Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

A combination of two services can  be a very good thing.

We have verizon, and t-mobile. One often works where the other doesn't. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Really appreciate everyone’s feedback

My wife and I will be retiring the end of this month and will be turning in our company phones, so wanted to know if we should keep or switch the ATT & Verizon services we’ve had for a number of years

Thank you all!

• Like 2

We have Visible (Verizon) and ATT and at times we find we need the both.  Often one will work when the other won't.

I would check to see if your company will allow you to keep your number and just switch over the account to your name.  

It sure is nice not having to start out with a new number and everyone already has is.  

Andrew

• Thanks 1

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

A stand alone GPS / mapping unit which does not require an active cell signal is a must in many areas ... particularly in the west.  Garmin makes many good units aimed at RV'ers.  We use a Garmin Overlander and, as we do a lot of our travel and camping off the beaten track, we feel it is worth the relatively high price.

A paper map is always a good backup and will astound your children and grandchildren!

• Like 2