Proper configuration of Lithium and trailer electrical system for winter storage?

Swamp

Hello all 2021 LE II Hull #848,

I'm getting ready to storage my Ollie ("Illinois" inside climate controlled) 3 to 6 months storage intervolve:

I rewrote this intro to provide what I have found.

2021 LE II

Lithium battery 12V130A-G31-LRBM8, Zamp solar package, and Xantrex Freedom XCPRO 3000 w

Procedure as I have put together so far. Please help correct this post if I have bad information.

Turn off the Zamp system by rotating cut off switch located in drivers upper storage compartment at aft wall of pantry to the off position.

Remove all AC connections from trailer this will insure charging is stopped.

Discharge the battery system to 13.2v or 50% +/- 10% (run accessories to discharge)

Power batteries off by pressing push button switch on each battery for 3 sec

insure battery is kept at 14 to 86 deg F and between 45 to 75 % relative humidity 

Note: these batteries will self discharge at a rate of  < than 3% per month and the batteries will need one charge cycle and discharge to 50% every six months if configured like this

The Xantrex Inverter/charge should not need reprogramming upon system restart.

The above should ensure your Oliver electrical system is properly configured for the winter storage season.

Hope this helps

Pat

Pat (Swamp) from Joliet IL,  2021 Oliver LE II Hull "848" (19K miles to date) , 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 3:92 rear end P75 Trans 

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there while looking for a place to happen. Making stops along the way"

Map2-22june.jpg

• Moderators

I don’t have any information on the newer Oliver’s, but, if you don’t have a cut off switch you can always just disconnect a battery cable while in storage.  Also, if there isn’t a cut off switch they are pretty easy to install.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

My understanding of the big red rotary switch in that cabinet at least in my 2021 trailer (#709) is that it cuts off the solar power input to the solar controller (and hence the batteries). Oliver told me that there is no battery cuttoff switch installed and that to eliminate phantom draw (beyond the BMS in the batteries and its bluetooth etc) they advised me to just do as Mike and Carol suggested. 

• Like 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

Our 2021 trailer has the lithionics lithium battery package which I believe is all Oliver offers now. Each battery has a computer of its own on board and mostly takes care of itself as far as charging. The red switch in the upper cabinet does just switch off the solar panels so they won’t charge the batteries. The batteries themselves each have an on off switch right on top of the battery itself so you can completely shut the battery off without disconnecting cables if you want. If your going to store for a month or so you can charge the batteries to 100 percent then shut the batteries off at the battery itself. If your going to store for 3 month you should discharge the batteries down to about 50% then shut off the batteries at the battery switch. Keep in mind though that there are temperature parameters for storage that you need to stay within. I can’t remember exactly what they are but it is in the Oliver site knowledge base under lithioncs. At least once every 3 months you should discharge the batteries all the way to where the onboard BMS computer shuts the batteries off and then charge them back to 100%. All of these recommendations are in the lithioncs section of the Oliver knowledge base.

hope this helps and if you want to contact me directly to compare notes feel free.

Mike

TV 2018 F150 3.5 liter eco-boost with max tow package, hull #836 “LC”

I did just find this additional information off the Lithionics website as this subject builds:

for the Lithionics 12V130A--G31-LRBM8

Maintenance: For optimal performance when in use, the battery should be fully charged to 14.4V at least once every 2 weeks. Fully charging the battery calibrates the state-of-charge percentage to be the most accurate and allows the cells to balance if necessary.

Storage: Storing your battery at the correct specifications is important as it keeps the battery in the healthiest state possible. Consult the table below for proper storage conditions.

Storage Temperature & Humidity Range:

< 1 Month -4~95°F (-20~35°C), 45~75%RH

< 3 Months 14~86°F (-10~30°C), 45~75%RH

Long Term Storage: If the battery needs to be stored for > 3 months, the voltage should be 13.2V (50% state-of-charge) and stored at the recommended storage specifications shown above. Additionally, the battery needs at least one charge & discharge cycle every six months.

Self-Discharge Rate ≤3% per month.

Typical storage example < 1 month:  1. Fully charge the battery.  2. Turn the battery OFF using the battery power button.  3. Keep the battery in an environment according to the specifications shown above.

Typical storage example > 1 month, up to 6 months maximum:  1. Reduce the battery state-of-charge to 13.2V, which is 50% ±10% state-of-charge.  2. Turn the battery OFF via the BMS power button.  3. Keep the battery in an environment according to the specifications shown above.  4. Every 6 months, charge the battery to 100% state-of-charge, then discharge the battery to LVC, then charge it back to 50% ±10% state-of-charge. 

Powering the Battery Off     Be sure to shut down any high amperage loads prior to turning the battery off. To turn the battery off, press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. The power button status light will turn off to confirm that battery power is off.

It also appears the Xantrex Freedom XC PRO 3000 inverter/charger does not lose its memory when DC power is removed per the Mfg

• Like 1

Pat (Swamp) from Joliet IL,  2021 Oliver LE II Hull "848" (19K miles to date) , 2020 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi 3:92 rear end P75 Trans 

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there while looking for a place to happen. Making stops along the way"

Map2-22june.jpg

20 minutes ago, LCTraveler said:

All of these recommendations are in the lithionics section of the Oliver knowledge base.

Thanks Mike with all this great info I am getting closer...Thanks for your help

Did you mean the "university" on their website? if so the batteries information mentioned is not applicable to the PN installed on my unit. 

Map2-22june.jpg

It is not on the university but on the knowledge base.  That can be found going through the Sales and Service site.  Here is the link (I hope it works).

https://support.olivertraveltrailers.com/portal/en/kb/articles/lithionics-battery

Please PM me if you want any of the information I have on the Lithionics batteries. 
Mike

• Like 1

TV 2018 F150 3.5 liter eco-boost with max tow package, hull #836 “LC”