Zantrex Draw

John C Marsh Jr

New to Oliver (828), I noticed that there is a continuous draw on the batteries (lithium), about 10% drop overnight when practically nothing was on.  What I learned, is the Zantrex draws on itself when left on,  it when turned off, there is almost no draw.  So, when 120 is not needed, turn off the inverter!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

38880F18-107D-4563-B55F-168A9F513E1E.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Can you walk us through on how to turn off the inverter without damaging anything.  Sorry that this may be a dumb question but we are new and were not able to go back to the factory for the walk through on our Ollie.  We had ours shipped. 

Kathy and Chuck

• Moderators

Nceagle found a worksround (setting 26) for turning off the charger. 

Another member asked about inverter draw, but never got much for answers, some time ago.

Anything else on in the trailer? Especially big draws on dc or ac, like fridge and furnace fan? Or, water heater on 110?

I hope some of the owners with new trailers and lithium can help you.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Can you walk us through on how to turn off the inverter without damaging anything.  Sorry that this may be a dumb question but we are new and were not able to go back to the factory for the walk through on our Ollie.  We had ours shipped. 

Thanks Zodd for the links.  I should have said  "how to turn off the inverter when plugged into shore power."  I was wondering if there was a way to do this.  I found out that the #26 setting will turn off that fan noise so that you do not have to listen to it all night long.  We are learning so much from this forum. 

One way  to isolate the inverter when connected to shore power should be to trip  the 300 amp breaker that is near the inverter under the streetside bed (press in the button; you can start it up again by pressing in the little flag).   To keep the batteries from charging from shore power is to set the charger ignition control in the Xantrex app settings to “auto-on”).  In this mode shore power energizes the 110 outlets, the A/C, and the fridge, but does not charge the batteries.  Turn the charger ignition control “off” to resume charging batteries with shore power.

• Thanks 1

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel