Twist is now is storage!

topgun2

• Moderators

A sad day in that I had to put my Elite II to sleep for the next couple of months (at least).  Fall is in full swing, the leaves are changing and falling and the temps have been above normal.  However, next week has at least a couple of days of rain forecast plus the temps are going to finally take a dip.  Added to the changing weather is a full schedule of appointments for the next two weeks.

Is there some medical name for feeling sad because the camping season has come to an early end? ☹️

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I think it's called depression Oliveris Storagis. I suffered from a bit yesterday,  when we talked about winterizing.  

We're still planning to camp another week or three. Today was flat beautiful here in WNC, which makes it even harder to put the camper up for winter..

20211024_151602.jpg

20211024_151342.jpg

• Like 6

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I like to look at the bright side of things (Glass being half full)

You now have the time to plan or make Ollie upgrades.

Alternately start planning on where to camp next year. I want to do a couple of tours to different parts of the USA next year so I have a lot of research and planning to do.

Maybe one of the trips will be going to Nova Scotia and PEI, which I went to when I was a kid camping with my parents (the good old days when you did not worry about anything).

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

Sorry to hear about you all putting your Ollies away for the winter… we are on the opposite trajectory, getting gear together and checking systems in preparation of hitting the road in about a month….. 

It’s been a long summer living vicariously through the adventures of other folks….. time to get back out there!🙂

• Like 2

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

18 hours ago, topgun2 said:

A sad day in that I had to put my Elite II to sleep for the next couple of months (at least).  Fall is in full swing, the leaves are changing and falling and the temps have been above normal.  However, next week has at least a couple of days of rain forecast plus the temps are going to finally take a dip.  Added to the changing weather is a full schedule of appointments for the next two weeks.

Is there some medical name for feeling sad because the camping season has come to an early end? ☹️

Here's a possible result of early camper storage:

Cabin Fever

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cabin fever

We winterized Ollie early, because we're between tow vehicles. Waiting to see the new 2022 Tundra and looking at 2022 F-150s, too. We caught up on appointments over the last two months. Enjoy winter camping, so will see how the TV search goes.

Took this shot while camping at Hungry Mother SP VA a couple years ago on the Virginia Creeper during a Fiberglass Rally. Camping in the Fall can be beautiful:

i-8LFrQPH-L.jpg

• Like 5

2015 LE2

• Moderators
15 hours ago, topgun2 said:

A sad day in that I had to put my Elite II to sleep for the next couple of months (at least).

A sad day, indeed.  We’ll be finishing up our trip to CO, NM, and MO this week, then home for a couple months before heading to AZ in January.  At least you have some great areas to hike around Brevard, so take advantage!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
9 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Took this shot while camping at Hungry Mother SP VA a couple years ago on the Virginia Creeper during a Fiberglass Rally. Camping in the Fall can be beautiful:

i-8LFrQPH-L.jpg

That's really beautiful.  Love to see the changing leaves. Spring and fall are our favorite camping seasons, but they're all good. 😁

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Luckily we still have good weather in TX and hopefully will camp year round. Last year was a fluke with the crazy ice/snow storm and zero degree temps. Prior years we've camped every month of the year without issue. We may have to blow out the lines and dry camp but we'll be camping!

Cindy

• Like 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

I know the feeling! The older I get the more I appreciate the warm weather. We will be holding off for at least 2 weeks here in Maryland before winterizing and hopefully get out one more time. We would like to plan a trip to head south so the winter depression don’t get that bad.  Come on spring!

• Like 1

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

On 10/24/2021 at 5:03 PM, SeaDawg said:

I think it's called depression Oliveris Storagis. I suffered from a bit yesterday,  when we talked about winterizing.  

We're still planning to camp another week or three. Today was flat beautiful here in WNC, which makes it even harder to put the camper up for winter..

20211024_151602.jpg

20211024_151342.jpg

Here’s the cure Fla. the governor welcomes everyone. 😎

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎