Pics from the Jacksonville Rally - 2021

Keith-n-Jill

A big thanks for Foy & Mirna Sperring for hosting the rally in Jacksonville.  I've posted some pics for your viewing pleasure.  We've ordered our LE-2 with an expected delivery date of next April.  Jill and I appreciate all of you folks who showed us your Ollies and gave us advice. We have much to learn. . .

Jville-21-6-Web.thumb.jpg.540a1bde803bccf50fa061d3af8c4f8e.jpg

Jville-21-grou-WEB.jpg

Jville-21-vert-ollie-WEB.jpg

Jville-21-1-Web.jpg

Jville-21-2-Web.jpg

Jville-21-4-Web.jpg

Jville-21-5-Web.jpg

Edited by Keith-n-Jill
formatting
  • Like 6

Keith & Jill Burnett | 2022 LE2  #1071 | 2021 Toyota Tundra

Atlanta GA

• 3 weeks later...

topgun2:

What is that wye bracket coming out of the storage bin.

It must be something other than to hang your trash bags on.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

55 minutes ago, dewdev said:

topgun2:

That "wye bracket" looks like a Let's Go Aero Bike Wing.  How is it mounted to the trailer?  

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

On 10/26/2021 at 8:05 AM, Keith-n-Jill said:

Jville-21-1-Web.jpg

Does anyone else think that fat tire e-bike setup is just plain wrong for a light duty pickup ? Other than the visibility restriction and the severe blocking of airflow to the radiator, and the destructive effect of water and road debris on the bikes, and the bug buildup ….  June bugs ….. , I guess it does add weight to the front axles…. And I guess removing the seats would help a little in terms of seeing a small child in a crosswalk. So, give it half a star for creativity? Out of ten?

Am I being too harsh?

A2600E73-2980-44B6-B463-5C84BC906CDD.thumb.jpeg.25a9de8912ba39435828d67cfe8d44c8.jpeg

Nah, I don’t think so.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Wow 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John - Unbelieveable picture with the June bugs.

Where is that located and remind me not to go there at that time.

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
10 hours ago, dewdev said:

topgun2:

In the "special" case of the owner of that Ollie there is no telling what all of the uses of it are for.😁

But, Mossemi slightly modified this bike rack so that it would fit on the front of their Oliver and the "normal" use for it is to carry their bikes.  A Forum search should produce a thread that shows how he did it.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

Am I being too harsh?

Yes, probably too harsh considering the entire continuum of all possibilities.

What about the added protection against theft - aren't those "Lectric bikes"?  Or, the enhanced front end collision protection to the vehicle?  And, a good downpour would help to wash them off versus all that dust that is kicked up on the back of the camper going down dirt roads.  There just must be other reasons but it is simply too early in the morning to .....

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

6 hours ago, dewdev said:

John - Unbelieveable picture with the June bugs.

Where is that located and remind me not to go there at that time.

That is somewhere in Florida, I grabbed it at random of the Net. June bugs are all over the south, to a degree. There is nothing quite like having one impact your motorcycle helmet face shield at 80 mph. They are really big hard shelled  beetles. They make a nasty splat, and the juice corrodes your paint. That is not so easy to get off. Especially off a bicycle. You can cover bikes on the back of a vehicle, but that is not at all possible in front, your engine will overheat..

John davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I was born in Florida a long time ago and I have never seen of a June bug that I am aware of.  We do have Lovebugs the arrive in May and again in September that will leave a windshield looking like that though.  The Lovebug has been in Florida since the 1940's, but really became a nuisance in the early 70's as I remember it.  

Mossey

And this is how they usually look after "hooking up"😍

7888E838-4051-4632-B515-A582F980B1D6.thumb.jpeg.1628696ab107f8d3e483867b37c38dee.jpeg

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”