4G cell phone booster, Lagun table

John Welte

Hi all,  I am looking at the list of options and wonder if the 4G cell phone booster and Lagun table are items that people wish they had or sorry they bought them.   My wife looks at the dinette table and thinks it's small,  so I told her there's an optional Lagun table.   I believe that's adjustable for height as I plan to go with the KTT mattress.   I picture eating meals at the Lagun as it appears bigger.  I am guessing it can probably store in the closet.  Second item, is the cell phone booster useful?   We will be retired by the time we get the trailer so won't need internet connection for work.   Thanks for any assistance as we dial in the options. 

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

We use our cell booster.  It usually gives us an additional bar.  I can’t imagine eating a meal on a Lagun table while sitting on the bed.  Unless you have long legs your feet might dangle if you have an optional mattress.  I’m sure there are those who have done it and maybe they can chime in.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We have the cell phone booster and it helps out when there is little signal to be had. We normally eat at the dining table and find it comfortable. When we went on a 17 night trip last month friends flew to meet us in UT for the week and stayed in a cabin. We did breakfast in our trailer each morning before heading out to the parks. We let them have the table and we sat on the bed and used the nightstand. To me the lagun table would be a lot of putting up and taking down and taking up storage space in the closet. For others it might be the perfect answer.

Cindy

• Like 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

There are a number of great ideas in this thread about lagun tables. And various tabletops, including folding tops, and a link to @Overland's nifty mount invention, which allows you to keep the nightstand drawer.

Today, I found lightweight tabletops (10 and 12 pounds) at recpro. https://www.recpro.com/reclite-ls-rv-dinette-table-38-x-30-with-optional-leg-system/  Very light for a larger size. We bought our ac from recpro, as did several others. Reliable company with good customer service, imo. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Generally I have either been at CG sites that have good cell service or no cell phone service at all. The one time I tired the booster was at a CG site that had 3 bars of strength and the booster did not help in that case.

As far as the  lagun table, I store my in the closet against the interior wall of the Ollie closet. I put in some strips of velcro tape to hold in it place and put the bracket on the top shelf. This way they take very little space and are easy to retrieve and replace.

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

We are really new to the Oliver. We have only camp about 10 nights and have the twin bed model.  We use the Lagun quite a bit.  I like the extra table space.  We play cards on it. We have afternoon snacks on it. We usually watch a movie every night and will put our drinks/snacks on the table while we watch the movie. I have also have made a way using hooks and shock cord to store the table and leg against the inside wall of the closet.

The things I don't like:

1. The table deflects with minimal pressure.  I think there needs to have more support on the mounting section through into the storage area.

2. I can not raise the table high enough to get it out of the way at night time. So I take the table and leg down every night and store it.  You can buy a longer leg to make it possible to move the table over the top of the night stand at night. (see lagunusa.com for a longer leg)

3. I can not access the night stand drawer without taking down the table. You can get to the contents of the night stand by removing the night stand top, and storage box to reach the inside of the draw from the top, but that is a pain also.  Needless to say we are not storing much in the drawer.

I knew I wanted a Lagun table before I bought my used Oli.  So about 2 months before purchasing my Oli, I bought all of the metal from another Oliver owner to make the laguna setup that Overland has.  I never figured I would have actually purchased an Oli with the laguna table.  I believe that the setup Overland has would take care of the 3 problems above. (1) I am be wrong, but I think that the Overland setup would be more sturdy with less flex. (2) The added height of the Overland setup will allow the table to swivel over the night stand at night.  The support bar would force me to get out of bed about 7" further down is the only down side. (3) I would now have access to the to the night stand drawer.  This also would allow me to put in a access door into the storage bay.  My wife likes the idea of putting a door to the storage area. so most likely I will try to get the overland setup made over the next year.  This also allows for a custom lagun table top. 

As far as the cell phone booster we have tried it 2 times, it might have helps some. But I set at the kitchen table just a foot or 2 away from the receiver.

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

We have the cell booster and it helps.  We also installed a lagun table ourselves.  We did the side mount option following Overland's directions.  We had a custom top made by a local craftsman.  We have the twin bed plan.  The side mount allows for the basement door.  Ours is in use all the time.  We also have 6 inch mattresses from southern mattress.  The side mount is also further off of the floor allowing for more height. There is a member on this forum, Foy, that could probably make a top to your liking.  You can order the lagun parts directly from lagun.  Check out Overland's posting for very good directions.  You can also find pictures of our installation.  Ours is up all the time.  I just lower it on to the bed for travel.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mattnan said:

We have the cell booster and it helps.  We also installed a lagun table ourselves.  We did the side mount option following Overland's directions.  We had a custom top made by a local craftsman.  We have the twin bed plan.  The side mount allows for the basement door.  Ours is in use all the time.  We also have 6 inch mattresses from southern mattress.  The side mount is also further off of the floor allowing for more height. There is a member on this forum, Foy, that could probably make a top to your liking.  You can order the lagun parts directly from lagun.  Check out Overland's posting for very good directions.  You can also find pictures of our installation.  Ours is up all the time.  I just lower it on to the bed for travel.

"We also installed a lagun table ourselves."

Do you use it for your meals?   Can the table be raised and lowered or is it at a fixed height?   I couldn't find pictures of your table.   I thought the lagun mount had a 50 pound limit.   Maybe because it's mounted to fiberglass? 

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

We are able to raise and lower the table and twist and turn it in almost any configuration.  We do occasionally eat on it.  We lower the table on to one of the twins for travel.  Our table has folding leaves.  I am not sure about the weight limit.  We built the bracket per Overland's instructions.  I made one small change to his bracket mounting in that I added aluminum backing plates on the back ant tip where it attached to the bed frame. It seems pretty sturdy.   I also included washers per Overland's instructions.  I am not great at finding things or posting them on this forum.  Perhaps search Lagun and Overland's thread.  I think our photos may be added there.  Plus it has all of his instructions.  Good luck.

• Thanks 1