RV lock replacement key pad

Patriot

A little fall maintenance on Hull# 634.

If you own an RV lock it’s only a matter of time before the original cheap plastic key pad wears out. I called and ordered a new replacement from RVlock.com for $16.00 shipped. The install is pretty straight forward and the new silicone key pad hopefully will last much longer.

Cheers!

old -

FA74804B-4D42-4873-9776-08B5A5C187FE.thumb.jpeg.a2626b896d45601a9d63ccaafb592cf1.jpeg

new installed -

D8530296-FE5A-4D36-BCE0-BEF1055E9F1C.thumb.jpeg.b183524ac0761922a5abe17067b5fe07.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

7 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Do the locks come with key fobs, too?

I believe ours came with one key fob and we ordered an extra. 

IMG_2879.jpeg

42 minutes ago, csevel said:

I did this recently too but I don't expect this expensive sticker to last very long...seems it should be more stout.

The new pad I ordered is made of silicone and appears much more durable than the old plastic one.

I guess time will tell.

IMG_2879.jpeg

I just got two new pads and they seem to be the same as the original in my 2020 build. I also had to replace the PC board, which was more of a hassle. It would not allow the code to be reset.  Silicone under pad was fine. 

PC board plug to locking circuit originally had some type of black sealant to hold it tight. I may be going back in there, if it wiggles loose. Board is held in frame by two small protrusions, tedious to get it out and in, without damaging board. 

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

6 minutes ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

I just got two new pads and they seem to be the same as the original in my 2020 build. I also had to replace the PC board, which was more of a hassle. It would not allow the code to be reset.  Silicone under pad was fine. 

PC board plug to locking circuit originally had some type of black sealant to hold it tight. I may be going back in there, if it wiggles loose. Board is held in frame by two small protrusions, tedious to get it out and in, without damaging board. 

Ralph,

I actually had to request the new silicone replacement pad. The lady at RVlocks gave me a choice of replacing my old plastic key pad with the exact same plastic key pad or paying a few bucks more for the all silicone pad. I opted for the newer all silicone key pad. FWIW. I had no trouble with install taking my time. 

I really like the convenience of not carrying a ring of keys. 

IMG_2879.jpeg

4 hours ago, Patriot said:

Ralph,

I actually had to request the new silicone replacement pad. The lady at RVlocks gave me a choice of replacing my old plastic key pad with the exact same plastic key pad or paying a few bucks more for the all silicone pad. I opted for the newer all silicone key pad. FWIW. I had no trouble with install taking my time. 

I really like the convenience of not carrying a ring of keys. 

Nice to know, thanks...

• Like 1

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country