TechnoRV black Friday sale

topgun2

• Moderators

I just got an email from TechnoRV.com about their black Friday sale that is going on now.  TPMS, GPS, Viair compressors, cameras, GasStop, etc. are on sale.  But you have to give them your email address in order to get the sale prices.

Bill

p.s.  I have no affiliation with these guys other than having purchased a couple of items from them in the past.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I purchased a Viair 400P-RV air compressor this past summer.  I am really happy with it.  Unfortunately mine was not on sale and I paid full price.  If they have a deal on one get it.  They are pretty pricey otherwise.

I use it to maintain proper pressure in all of our vehicles.  It is so convenient to use rather than to drag out the hose on my big compressor and then have to bleed the air/moisture out of the tank when finished.  It is quiet too.

I also used it to blow the water lines out when winterizing our Ollie.  I only put 45 psi on the lines and just used it to get the majority of the water out before putting in the antifreeze.  I really think that attempting to blow the system "dry" puts a strain on the water pump.  I could hear the pump spinning when the majority of the water was cleared out of the lines.  The pump is water lubricated and spinning it dry is IMHO not a good practice.

Rather than purchase the Viair "winterizing kit", I just went to Menards and picked up a regulator and fittings.  It ends up being a cheaper option and does just as well.

• Like 1

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

I went back to a Viair as well, after experimenting with carrying a CO2 tank.  The tank is great, and fills tires much faster, but the Viair is so much more convenient.  I pseudo mounted it to the truck so that I didn't have to unpack it each time, which made it much easier to deal with.