What is your Ollie getting for Christmas?

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Each year, we watch end of year/black friday/ Christmas sales.

Last year, we snagged some great deals. Solar panels,, etc..

This year, I'm watching for very little. Packing cubes. Some storage containers.  We pretty much have all we need.

I'm watching for January white sales, early, as 14 year old trailer towels are getting aged. And, a new, small fry pan.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Lithium!.... Batteries that is.    LOL

• Like 4

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

“Mouse” is pretty well equipped for stuff, but I guess a clay bar and Rejex job for the outside, and maybe a couple of thirty minute mods…… I want to put in a power switch for the radio head to kill the panel lighting and parasitic draw, and grind off those nasty sharp corners on the inside bath door handle, I laid my head open on it a couple of months back and said a lot of nasty words as I bled copiously all over the floor.

I am watching for a sale on Element E50 extinguishers, but those are not for the trailer.

I am hoping that my son will 3D print a Land Cruiser 200 model for me, to match the Ollie model he made last year. If that happens I will update that thread with more pics….

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Our Ollie is going to be bummed out this year considering the attention she got last year for her very first Christmas!

This year she's getting a good bath, clay bar and two coats Meguiar's premium marine wax.  Under the tree she'll find 3 cutoff valves (one for each of the lines leading to the outdoor shower and one for the fresh water intake line), some fuse labels as well as Timken bearing sets and seals.

We're also going camping in December before Christmas, so she is getting a new red carpet runner and some Christmas pillows and lights to get us into the holiday spirit!

• Like 7

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

26 minutes ago, John Dehne said:

a small rechargeable  vacuum any recommendations?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IOEFBKS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Though I admit to rarely using it, mostly I just grab the broom.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01ASYZSVI/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It collapses and tucks away neatly in the closet using a single Command tool holder.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, John Dehne said:

a small rechargeable  vacuum any recommendations

I got a Ryobi handheld only because it uses the same lithium battery as my drill and other shop tools.  However, I understand that Black & Decker makes a popular one.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
10 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I got a Ryobi handheld only because it uses the same lithium battery as my drill and other shop tools.  However, I understand that Black & Decker makes a popular one.

Bill

I bought a small black and decker years ago. Not the foldable, more powerful model. Don't buy the cheaper one, like I did. Pretty much useless .

I've heard the ryobi is good. I now  carry a Dyson, that I also use at home. Love it. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Why is there no emoji choice for - "I'm jealous"?

🤢 I always thought this emoji represented envy and every time I felt envious, maybe it was really jealousy.

Mossey

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

2 hours ago, ShallowGal said:

A VIAIR air compressor...

Thankful for the TPMS.

And for Progressive Roadside Assistance. 

Chris

There has to be a good story behind that, can you tell us? Are you trying to reseat the bead? Is that the “hair spray and a match” trick?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Haha 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:13 PM, John E Davies said:

There has to be a good story behind that, can you tell us? Are you trying to reseat the bead? Is that the “hair spray and a match” trick?

Uneventful story. About 30 minutes after leaving Oliver Service, TPMS alarmed that my back left tire had a slow leak so I turned around & went back to the Oliver campground. That was the wonderful roadside assistance man from Libby's Auto & Diesel Towing who, instead of simply swapping out bad tire with spare (which is what he is supposed to do per contract with Progressive) fixed my valve stem in the freezing rain so that I would not have to continue my journey without a spare.

So thankful!

Chris

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Care 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, ShallowGal said:

Uneventful story. About 30 minutes after leaving Oliver Service, TPMS alarmed that my back left tire had a slow leak so I turned around & went back to the Oliver campground. That was the wonderful roadside assistance man from Libby's Auto & Diesel Towing who, instead of simply swapping out bad tire with spare (which is what he is supposed to do per contract with Progressive) fixed my valve stem in the freezing rain so that I would not have to continue my journey without a spare.

So thankful!

Chris

What a nice guy. That doesn't happen,  everywhere. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

My Ollie got the Dexter EZ Flex suspension installed.  While I was doing the install I decided to change out all the wheel bearings and seals to Timken roller bearings.  The original bearings had “Made in China” on them and I simply could not rest well knowing that.  There is just over 20k miles on the Ollie so it was probably a good time to change them out anyway.

While the brake drums were off I did a complete inspection of the Nev R Adjust brakes.  I was not pleased at all with what I found and decided to pull the brakes completely apart, clean them thoroughly, re-lube all the contact pads and actuators.  The drums looked great and showed very little wear.  The brake pads have less than half the pad wear of a new brake shoe……so they went back in.

Two of the wheels had a brake drag I was not pleased with and when I inspected the brakes I was very disappointed in the action of the Nev R Adjust system.  They all appear to move much better now that the system has been cleaned and lubricated as it should be.  I was very surprised that the backing plates had no lube on them at all at the brake shoe contact points.  We will see how they now work and adjust; if not working well, I will change out the backing plates to the regular manual adjust system.  Not very impressed with the Nev R Adjust system as it just does not appear to be a very robust adjuster/brake system.

I did add a new tool to my collection.  It is a Milwaukee 2 speed electric grease gun.  The battery is the same 18 volt I use on some of my other tools so this was an easy choice to make lube much easier.  The EZ Flex has 8 zerks on each side and even with the angled zerks installed it still is somewhat of a pain to lube.  I must mention that the electric grease gun will also make it much easier to lube my Kubota tractor and my Kubota zero turn mower as well.

Tools Plus had the Milwaukee grease gun on a BlackFriday sale for $139, so that helped in making my decision.  Lowest price around before the sale was $199, so this was a great buy.  It even includes free shipping.

Milwaukee 2646-20 M18 18-Volt Li-Ion Cordless 2-Speed Grease Gun (Tool-Only)

Steve

• Like 1

ARLAPATNTXVAWVsm.jpg

2015 Oliver Elite 2

Hull #106

2019 Ford F-250 Super Duty, 6.7 diesel 

My story is very similar to Steve's about the nev r adjust brake system.  Very disappointed in its performance.  It overadjusted the two rear brakes causing brake overheats due to dragging brake shoes with inadequate running clearance.  We are getting all new brake system components with manual adjustment capability, not automatic.  We have just a little over 11,000 miles on our trailer, pretty expensive lesson about the auto adjust system.  My recommendation is if you have the nev r adjust system, check your brake temps for approximately equal temps after stopping periodically.  If you have a mix of temperatures to the touch, you may be developing running clearance issues.

• Like 2

George and Gretchen

Gig Harbor, Wa.

Hull Number 178

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators
On 11/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, SeaDawg said:

I bought a small black and decker years ago. Not the foldable, more powerful model. Don't buy the cheaper one, like I did. Pretty much useless .

I've heard the ryobi is good. I now  carry a Dyson, that I also use at home. Love it. 

Well, it's temporarily back to the weak little black and decker. The Dyson died after just less than 4 years. (And, I'd had to replace the batteries once. Yes, I cleaned and replaced filters on a regular basis.) 

I did used the Dyson almost every day for 4 years, but I expected more life from an expensive gadget. 

I got a shark for home, but it's too big and heavy to carry in the trailer. I'll be looking for a new, smaller lightweight something else for the Ollie.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4