Poorer but happy

Boonter Jeff

My wife, Donna and I have got our deposit in on a Legacy Elite II.  Pick up in late August.  Pretty exciting.  I’ve been lurking around here for a couple of months but I finally got the Admiral (wait that’s boater jargon) to sign off.  Bob in Saint Helena graciously showed us his rig and that did it.  I think that we’ll do the AGM/Solar package.  We haven’t done a lot of boondocking but the option sounds good.  I’m definitely not a fan of loud generators.  This forum has reassured us that our 2008 Tundra (5.7 liter with tow package) will be a good tow vehicle.  I appreciate the enthusiasm that members of this forum show for these well designed and high quality trailers.  Thanks in advance for helping us, as Oliver newbies.  

• Like 11

image.jpeg.7fccb45a33615b2deaeeaeedc4bbbfcb.jpeg

• Moderators

Congratulations!

X2 on the solar. It has opened up so many wonderful camping opportunities for us.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

The solar has worked for us. And does stopping at a college or university park count as boondocking? Yup. Great wifi, usually  good tv reception to get the local weather, and no traffic noise. Hull #211 likes getting off the interstates (they all look alike), and seeing some of the nices places and people. You do have to have a bunch of referral cards though, people will line up to ask about the Oliver...

• Like 4

• Moderators

Solar gives you the freedom of choice.  Even if you do not intend to use it often, at least you will have the knowledge that you can travel without being "tied" to the "grid".

Now - keep reading and watching Oliver videos.  This will make your initial trips much more enjoyable and relaxing.

Welcome to the Family!

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Congratulations on your order!  We weren’t sure about the solar either but have found we use it quite a bit, especially in a lot of the National Park campgrounds that have no hook ups.  As Bill said, it gives you flexibility on where you can camp.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Congrats on your deposit/order!
Now is a great time to take a deep dive into the forum, owners manuals, and Oliver University. Delivery day will be here before you know it and the knowledge gained reading hopefully will be of great benefit on your big day. As fairly new owners of a 2020 we cannot imagine not having the solar option, for us a total win. (The tax write off on the solar first year of ownership was a plus)  

Naturally you will ultimately decide what works best for your traveling/camping needs. We absolutely considered future resale when deciding on options and solar was a must have.

• Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Congratulations, we are a mid July delivery. Take advice of reading as much as you can here, you may change your mind on some choices and the nice thing is you still have time. There is a ton of information and videos to look thru.  

• Like 3

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

Congratulations! We're scheduled for late July. Aside from all the great info here, my wife has found some good stuff on an Ollie Facebook page and we've both been watching YouTube videos from other Ollie owners. One couple in particular goes through the whole process from purchasing, to upgrades, to going to the factory for service on their YouTube channel. Lots to learn from all these sources, and it helps pass the time while you wait for the big day. Have fun.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

Congratulations on your Ollie purchase!   We are waiting for ours as well (plan is April end).   I can't say enough about this forum and the experience that is available.   

The Oliver University is extremely informative.   I like to maintain and do most of whatever will be necessary to keep anything I own in top condition.   The more you know about your Ollies "systems"... the better prepared you will be for those problems that invariably happen when traveling.  Some day... when something seems to fail (heat, a/c, hot water, electric, etc)... it is often something minor... and a basic understanding of those systems will lead you to a quick resolution.   Information is power.   

Another thing to be cautious about:   Remember when someone complains about this quality problem or that... recognize that it might be something that only happened to one individual.   So take note of it... and what the resolution was...   Just don't panic and automatically think your Oliver is going to come off the line with that problem.   Enjoy learning all about your new Oliver and you will be fine.   IF something isn't right... know that the company will make it right.

Purchasing STUFF:   pay attention to the things that people buy and find very useful... and consider the type of camper they are.   Do they sit in one spot for days on end.... or is their Oliver a rolling hotel room?   Do they boon-dock or do they spend most of their time in places with hook-ups?   Most experienced folks will say they are still paring down what they take on the road with them.  

Most of all... just have fun even while you are waiting... for your brand NEW Oliver!!

• Like 6

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

You will enjoy your Oliver.

The solar is the way to go as mentioned in the above posts. Plus the solar keeps my AGM batteries charged during the winter months when my Ollie has gone to sleep.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine