Have Oliver delivered?

Steph and Dud B

Word of slipping delivery dates has us concerned. We're both teachers with no flexibility in our vacation schedules. If our summer delivery date slips into the school year there's no way we can drive to TN, take delivery, and return to CT. Has anybody had their new Ollie delivered to their home state? If so, how did you arrange it, and what were the costs?

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

There have been a number of owners that have had their Ollies delivered.  Hopefully some of them will chime in here with their specific details.

In the meantime, I'd talk to my Oliver Sales agent and ask them about this possibility.

Good luck!

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I sure hope that doesn't happen. I was a teacher, a long time ago. Summer is shorter for teachers than students,  for sure.

There's a lot of beautiful country between you and Hohenwald,  and it's a great trip. (I've done it. My college roommate,  and still my best friend, lives in CT.) Plus, the factory pickup can be so educational. 

Good to explore the options, but hope you'll get to make the trip yourselves.  What was your original pickup date?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

There is a specific company they use I think it's Cowboy something. There is a guy from Washington/Oregon that purchased right before us that had his delivered and was very happy with the service. Maybe he will see your post.

• Like 2

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

Painted cowboy? Don't know if still the same, but here's a thread. 

Best to call your reo, obviously.  Everything changes over time.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

22 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

Word of slipping delivery dates has us concerned. We're both teachers with no flexibility in our vacation schedules. If our summer delivery date slips into the school year there's no way we can drive to TN, take delivery, and return to CT. Has anybody had their new Ollie delivered to their home state? If so, how did you arrange it, and what were the costs?

I checked with the cost to tow it to Portland,  Oregon and it was something like $1.65 per mile which brought it to over $3000 if I recall.   I thought no thanks. 

• Thanks 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• 1 month later...