Lithium Pro Package vs Solar Pro Package

I just put a deposit for the Elite II with the Lithium Platinum Package and I have some questions that I am sure folks on this forum can help.  The package comes with Lithium batteries, charge controller and inverter.  My question is, if I need to charge the batteries from my generator using the external 30 amp connection, how does Oliver connect the wiring such that the batteries will be charged but the input does not feedback to other circuitry that might cause damage?  Do I need to add more hardware in order to charge my batteries using a generator?  Thanks

@RV Newbie

The 12v and 120v circuits are isolated in the trailer. Your xantrax inverter/charger will use your generator/shore power to charge the batteries and provide 120 to the rest of your trailer. You can set the incoming current limit so it does not overload your generator. It’s your responsibility to limit 120 usage (microwave, AC, etc) during this charge cycle so the generator can provide continuous clean power. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2022 at 8:06 PM, Mike and Carol said:

Even when we had an electrical hookup I rarely turned our charger on, just relied on the sun.

Now that more campgrounds are charging for electrical use by the amp/hour on top the the regular site fee, this is interesting, You can turn the charger off while connected to shore power? The campground would be really surprised to see no amp/hours used!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Steph and Dud B said:

You can turn the charger off while connected to shore power?

I can turn the charger on/off independently of the other electrical things.  I just flip the breaker for the charger in the fuse panel under the dinette.  All the other 110 stuff stays on.  Mike

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Do the newer Ollie’s equipped with the Xantrex Freedom XC inverter/chargers have a separate breaker for the battery charging circuit like the Ollie’s equipped with the Xantrex PROWatt inverters and the Progressive Dynamic's converter/charger?  Or is the charging circuit controlled by software?

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 1:12 PM, CnC said:

We can't imagine AGM batteries after having lithium.  There are so many advantages to lithium batteries.  While everyone knows they last longer, few think about the advantages of the built-in battery monitoring systems.  No longer do you worry about over-charging, having to have a trickle charger, depleting them to zero, etc., etc.

I guess it depends on what you expect and actually do when camping. We have the 4 6v AGMs and over 3 years they have served us well. We can dry camp for 3 nights (we have no solar) and just plug the trailer in when storing. Camping on the East - and mostly mid south to southeast  means a lot of trees for us and so the advantages of solar would be minimal. When the AGMs bite the dust I would considers lithium, but honestly I’d rather spend the extra money on a quieter air conditioner. 

• Like 4

Garry and Kristi

Apex, NC

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull 372

TV 2015 Ram 1500 3.0 L EcoDiesel

image.jpeg.aed3a6aa6cd2b2679a4845e1ea98a981.jpeg

I absolutely agree with "I guess it depends on what you expect and actually do when camping"

Charlie.

• Like 2

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

• 11 months later...

We had originally ordered the smaller Lithium package.

They called us during construction and told us that package was unavailable then.

Would we mind if they "bumped us up" to the larger package for an extra 1,000.00 ?

Duh...no brainer !

It's a lot of power, but you can never have too much !

We feel more confident the farther we get from the "insanity"...

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Lee Cappelletti said:

Would we mind if they "bumped us up" to the larger package for an extra 1,000.00 ?

Duh...no brainer !

Wow!  I would have jumped on that deal too!

Congratulations!

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

4 hours ago, Lee Cappelletti said:

They called us during construction and told us that package was unavailable then.

Same thing happened to us. I'll bet our trailers are littermates. What's your hull number?

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Lee Cappelletti said:

...get the best!

I agree, I'm too poor to buy anything else.

Charlie.

• Haha 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4