Incinerator Toilet

Mike Jones

A Oliver Rep told me today that he thought someone had had an incinerator toilet installed in their Oliver after receiving it.  Has anyone done that and if so, what is your experience with the incinerator toilet?  Do you use the LP Gas version or electric?  When you use the shower do you have to worry if the incinerator toilet gets wet?

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Overland said:

That would be quite a modification. The power required, either electrical or gas, would have to be considerable. 

Last century when I was in the Army we used 55 gallon drums cut in half and incinerated the ….”stuff” in burning diesel.  Seems like an incinerator toilet might need some kind of smokestack?

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Incinerator toilets are a pretty neat option, but very energy greedy.

My high school friend who lives in Sweden has used them. Easy peasy, but very expensive,  to buy, and to use . Because they also incinerate urine, they burn a lot of energy . Pretty much used only where a septic or true composting system is not feasible. 

I've looked into them, for off grid cabin, and felt the high energy offset, and initial cost,  wasn't worth it. But, they're really neat and clean.  a little cup of ash to dispose of, occasionally  

My friend told me there is no discernable  odor . The burner does run for a long time, but the burn cycle is interrruptable if needed. 

The one I looked at was roughly  3x the price of a nature's head. Plus energy cost, ongoing. 

A urine diverting model would certainly save energy. I've never seen one, though.

https://www.cinderellaeco.com/mobilehomes

https://www.cinderellaeco.com/us-en/industry-and-health

https://incinolet.com/?product_cat=toilets

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

10 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

Last century when I was in the Army we used 55 gallon drums cut in half and incinerated the ….”stuff” in burning diesel.  Seems like an incinerator toilet might need some kind of smokestack?

I just watch a YouTube where this toilet was installed in a black series  Hq 19  then looked up the price very expensive.  The Lavco  sounds interesting  wraps and seals  in a bag 15 times then throw the main bag away. Battery or 12volt direct hookup. There is also a video comparing it to the natures head toilet.

• Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎