Shower curtain confusion

Boonter Jeff

Hi All, We’re still fine tuning our “build” sheet and have been discussing the factory shower curtain hanger.  I did do a search and got some information but still a little confused.  Does the curtain keep water off of the door or toilet?  In our Casita the most important thing the curtain does is keep water from the door which will leak into the kitchen area.  I’m guessing that isn’t the case with the Oliver.  It sounds like several people who commented don’t have a curtain and just wipe down the bathroom after a shower and all is hunky dory.  I also saw that the compost toilet shouldn’t get wet but that isn’t an issue for us.  

I don’t mind spending money for a good feature but we haven’t used the shower a lot in the Casita and, as I said, am confused.  Anyone who can help unconfuse me will be appreciated.

Jeff

image.jpeg.7fccb45a33615b2deaeeaeedc4bbbfcb.jpeg

There is track over both door and a line from the front wall to the wall shared with the cabin. The curtain is cut to fit the curve of the ceiling and when retracted is stored bunched up next to the towel bar

• Like 1

Jim and  Yanna, Woodinville WA

2004 Ford E250 camper conversion

Oliver Elite II hull #709

• Moderators

For the most part - what gets wet depends a bit on how you tend to shower.  If you sit on the toilet while taking a shower then most of that area will get wet.  If you stand the whole time and are reasonably tall (5'9" to 6'1") then very little of the toilet will get wet.  The later is my case and it takes me less than two minutes to squeegee and wipe down the shower when I'm done.  No water gets past the door - assuming that I've got it closed 😃.

If you do not plan to use the shower very often then I would suggest not getting the curtain. Obviously, if you change your mind in the future, this is a fairly simple item to have installed after the fact.

Bill 

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

We have no curtain.  Water does not leak from the door.  Yes, the toilet gets a little wet as does the area around.  Squeegee and microfiber works well.  We shower a lot.  The bath is the cleanest part of the trailer!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Don’t like the look of the curtain, We also just use a microfiber towel. The outside shower is easy to clean up. Just have to keep it going. How much is showering a lot? 😜

• Like 1

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

FWIW, we plan to order the shower curtain and track on our Elite II scheduled for delivery next summer.  My wife would prefer a true dry bath, but that it not an option with Oliver.  So, the $250 is worth it to us because we hope it will simulate a dry bath, enabling us to keep the toilet area, and towel(s) hanging on the towel bar, dry when showering.

Do those of you who have the shower curtain with track find that you can realistically keep the toilet area, including the towel bar, dry, so you don't have to leave the towel(s) outside the bath when showering?

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, John Dehne said:

How much is showering a lot? 😜

Good question!  Everyday if the weather is warm.  Every other day in winter.  Maybe that isn’t a lot?  Are we getting into TMI territory?  There’s been quite a discussion on poop! 😂

• Haha 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Ha ha,  who would have guessed that personal hygiene information would come up in a trailer forum.  I’m thinking that the outside shower would be a good option - no addition to your grey water. Added benefit when 60+ people start taking showers outside that  helps guarantee that no one will be setting up close to you when you’re boondocking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

image.jpeg.7fccb45a33615b2deaeeaeedc4bbbfcb.jpeg

4 hours ago, topgun2 said:

For the most part - what gets wet depends a bit on how you tend to shower.  If you sit on the toilet while taking a shower then most of that area will get wet.  If you stand the whole time and are reasonably tall (5'9" to 6'1") then very little of the toilet will get wet.  The later is my case and it takes me less than two minutes to squeegee and wipe down the shower when I'm done.  No water gets past the door - assuming that I've got it closed 😃.

We use a foldable shower stool.  Toilet does not get wet.  I wipe down the shower door before getting out, and then squeegee the shower pan.  Works well, at least for us.  I think I prefer this approach to having a shower curtain bulked up in storage next to the toilet and towel rack, although I haven't really tried the latter.

• Like 3

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

We have the shower curtain and it protects the door and toilet pretty well.  We open the window and run the fan.  I tend to get wet turn the water off, lather up and rinse.  We don't end up with a lot of water all over.  We don't have the shower grate but I think this might be a real nice option.  Our preference would have been a dry bath with a separate shower.  We have adapted to the wet bath and found the Oliver bath works fine.  I am fairly large and am suprised how comfortable I am in the bathroom.  I know some other Forum members have come up with their own modifications instead of the factory option for shower curtain.  We are fine with the factory option and once the curtain is dry we just tie it up.  Good luck with your decision.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

We had the curtain, used it for one trip and then took it down.  We have not used it since. 

For us, it got in the way when you are showering, makes the bath area feel even smaller and then was difficult to get dry. The toilet getting wet is not a big deal.

As others have mentioned, a squeegee and microfiber towel works well.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2