Season’s Greetings from South Texas.

Frank-n-Val

Val and I are excited about our trip to Hoenwald next week to pick up our LE2 on Dec 8th! I’ve appreciated all the advice/information from owners via the forum. I had planned to send our first post with pics of the new Ollie, but I’m not sure whether I’ve set up my account correctly, so thought I’d send this introductory post first.

Frank

TV-2020 F250 Power Stroke: LE2 #964

Edited by Frank-n-Val
  • Like 5

Near Seguin, TX

2020 F250 6.7 power stroke; 2022 LE2 #964

• Moderators

Congratulations,  and safe travels. The wait is (almost) over!

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Be safe on the road both coming and going.

After a spell of warm, dry weather it looks like it will be a bit damp and more seasonal for temps next week.  However, I don't believe that there is anything "bad" (such as snow or heavy rain ) forecast at this point.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks all. And Bill, especially appreciate the heads-up on the changing weather. We’ve made two trips through Tennessee and on to parts north and east in the last 7 months, and it’s a long haul to Hohenwald from our house. We’re planning to drive it in one day going up, but we’ll take a more leisurely paced return trip. 

Frank

(Hopefully my signature shows this time.)

• Like 4

Near Seguin, TX

2020 F250 6.7 power stroke; 2022 LE2 #964

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, Frank-n-Val said:

Hopefully my signature shows this time.)

Yes, it does!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 months later...

We are in the San Antonio area and are picking up our LE2 in June. Hopefully, soon, we'll have enough Ollies for our own little rally down here in South Texas.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

John and Jodi

San Antonio, TX

2022 Elite II - Hull #1126 being pulled by a 2022 F-150 Powerboost.

Map Legend: Red - Driven Through; Orange - Stopped In; Blue - Explored Parts; Green - Explored Whole

States 20230917.png

• 2 months later...

Well HOWDY! 🤠 Some more South Texas folks! Ana and I are from Del Rio. Picked up our LE1 in Oct. 21 and loving it! Any of y'all going to the Rally? We're headed there now. Staying in LA and MS for a couple of days. We'll be in a half-sucked Atomic Fireball lookin' old Chevy truck with a beautiful Oliver behind it!

• Like 3

Hello!  I hope everyone has a great time at the rally.  We are in the Austin area and expecting delivery six months from today (November 18)!  We would love to participate in a South Texas Oliver Rally!

• Moderators

It would be nice to gather with some of the Ollie clan in South Texas.  As topgun2 says "Build it and they will come".  Simply gathering with other owners, sitting around a campfire sharing stories and camping tips, etc, and maybe a pot luck dinner at a meeting hall and presto ya got yerself a rally!  It's a great way to make new friends and share ideas.

• Like 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

We are in Duncanville near Dallas and would be 100% interested in attending an Austin, Hill Country, or San Antonio area rally!

• Like 3

New Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Maxtow Package "Name TBD"
Original and still available Tow Vehicle: 2022 Subaru Ascent "Blue Moose"
2022 Oliver Elite I - Hull #1030 "
Reset"
Home Base Duncanville, TX

ALARKYMSTNTXmed.jpg